Redline oil 0w20 w/ Archoil 9300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco620, If you don't mind me asking, why the Archoil 9300 with redline? I am currently on my second iteration of Redline Motor oil and so far it has been amazing. Just curious about the Archoil. I see it has plenty of Boron and Potassium.

Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Pajero

I am genuinely interested in the reason to use Archoil 9300 in Red Line as well.
19.gif
I'm not familiar with their products.

Also, @Trav doing the lords work!
12.gif

Based on your other results, I don't think we can say that this combo was any better than anything else run before. That said, those were almost 100k miles ago so maybe things have changed internally.
confused2.gif

I also don't understand the Archoil in Redline. But to each their own, I personally wouldn't use it because I wouldn't want something that could mask a coolant leak.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Maybe a synergistic effect? IDK?

Respectfully,

Pajero!
What kind of synergistic effect was demonstrated in the uoa?

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Potassium is sky high.

Your aware potassium is part of the archoil additive pack.....

Originally Posted By: 209paulc
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Potassium is sky high.

Your aware potassium is part of the archoil additive pack.....

I was not. Thanks.

Redline is like Group III+ ...maybe IV oil there is no reason for additives its like buying amsoil signature series and adding Lucas to it. That just makes oil changes ridiculously expensive adding stuff to it also.

Originally Posted By: Shata
Redline is like Group III+ ...maybe IV oil there is no reason for additives its like buying amsoil signature series and adding Lucas to it. That just makes oil changes ridiculously expensive adding stuff to it also.

Redline is Group V.

I think recently it was shown that the standard redline isn't group V and contains a very small amount of esters. It was only the racing oil that had the ester content everyone assumes redline to have. Don't quote me on that but it was from a data sheet on a standard (non racing) redline oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back