watching planes at Lunken Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bride had to work Saturday so I ran over the Lunken Airport for lunch at Sky Galley Restaurant, and watched planes coming and going. The meatloaf sandwich was tasty, the Grey Goose rocks was good, and spending an hour watching some neat little planes come and go was very relaxing. Googling the registration numbers told me I was looking at a Beech 35, Cessna 182T, Cessna Citation II (enroute to Joplin MO) and a Piper Saratoga taxiing with the door open.

Very different vibe than CVG, and a terrific front-row seat for general aviation activities.

I'd have to bring my own drinks if I went up to the park
wink.gif

Been to Lunken Airport Days a few times, gotten to walk around the ramp & normally see at least one vintage military aircraft-looks like it will be a B-17 this year. Never been brave enough to buy a ride, though!

After all the years of career building, becoming a pilot, flying a lot of neat airplanes over the years, still working and flying, I still enjoy watching planes come and go and land and takeoff.

I am glad to hear that there are at least two places at Lunken for watching airplanes...

Hopefully the airport is inviting enough to get a kid on the inside of the fence and up for a flight. Might inspire some really good kid to do positive things and have a fulfilling life.

Flamingo Air offers sightseeing tours...http://flamingoair.net/. There may be others as well. The 1930s era "terminal" building is cool too.

One of my first flights was out of Lunken in the early 70s, went up on a short sightseeing flight in a small plane with my father and grandfather. I think that was even before we flew the Ford TriMotor from Port Clinton to Put in Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back