Kitchen Faucets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about replacing a 30-year old, classic Delta single-handle faucet, but not sure what's considered "good" nowadays, except to be wary of the big box store models.

Even if I did feel like rebuilding it again, the Delta is gonna have to go at some point because one of the mounting points has corroded and no longer functions; it's holding firm, but by only one side.

The predominant style of kitchen faucets now seem to be the tall swan neck style, which isn't completely suited to my setup.

I woudn't have any problems replacing it with another Delta classic, but I suspect a new one wouldn't be on the same level of quality as decades ago.

And, like other industries, brands, quality and manufacturing origin has seen its own share of shuffling in the plumbing business.

Any recommendations for a solid choice? I'm thinking low rise, pull-out sprayer, but there don't seem to be as many, and most are at the lower end of the market.

Thanks.

The Delta Classic is a good choice. FWIW: Keep the old aerator from your current Classic and use it on you new one. The government mandated low flow aerators are awful. Kohler makes top notch faucets, as well. Go to your local plumbing supply company for your purchase.

Costco has a nice kitchen faucet for about $50. I have installed 2.
Not the expensive goose neck model.
I do not remember the brand.
Super easy to install. Takes much longer to remove the old one.
Good luck.

Don't go anywhere near the "1880's Brothel" look. It's so over.

Go clean lines. Go for a high arching spout so large pots can go in the sink.

Those flexible snakes with the big spring around look ridiculous in normal to small kitchens....on top of their harsh looks.

I'll try to find the name of the super source we used. SELECTION & VALUE. I ought to know, I bought it.

I will be installing a Moen kitchen faucet tomorrow that is replacing a 48 year old Moen faucet. My house was built in 1970. It still works fine, but my wife wants a new high rise faucet with a pull down sprayer. Moen sent me two free bathroom faucet stems last year after I enquired about their lifetime warranty. I’ll be a Moen customer for life.

The old Delta kitchen faucet gave me trouble. Since kitchen remo back in '02 I went with a Hans Grohe unit ,my wife bought at a close out for peanuts. Beautiful. weighs about 15 lbs. Small sink is on its 2nd Lowes Chinese cheapy This one weighs about 2 lbs,but does every thing well. Wife's only complaint is the chrome on the escutcheon plate is bubbling. It was about 40$. Judging from the Moen shower valves I have. I'd go with them as a line.

Thanks, all.

I've looked at the Moens and there are some possibilities. Hansgrohe, Kohler and Delta as well.

Actually bought the Hansgrohe from Costco during one of the sales and tried a test fit, which is what made me realize the tall style wouldn't work.

Don't mind spending some scratch for a quality peace, but when even the costlier ones have some major components made of plastic, it gives me pause. Not a fan of chromed plastic, in faucets or car interiors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back