Mercon LV - Best "reasonable" price places to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to change the trans fluid in a Lincoln MKX and need a good source of reasonable ( cheap but reliable ) Mercon LV / Synthetic fluid for it. What are some of the best places you might advise me to look ? I assume Amazon, Ebay, Wal-Mart, Farm and Fleet - any other good sources for this that are the most cost effective that I might not be aware of, gentlemen ?

Thanks in advance,

BurrWinder

Walmart has Valvoline Maxlife for around $18 a gallon.

Advance auto has Castrol Transmax for $5 a quart onsale right now.

Dumb question... Does that Maxlife brand all have the high mileage version with seal swell agents, or are their "choices" of formulas with and without that part of it ?

BurrWinder

Maxlife and Castrol Full Synthetic ATF are both great choices
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BurrWinder
Dumb question... Does that Maxlife brand all have the high mileage version with seal swell agents, or are their "choices" of formulas with and without that part of it ?

BurrWinder

Maxlife is just a regular Synthetic LV transmission fluid that works in a lot of transmissions.

O'Reilly (at least my local store) has it for $7-something a quart. That's cheaper than Amazon has it (by the quart). I haven't seen it at Autozone or Walmart, at least around here...

AZ's 2 for 1 sale on MaxLife Dex/Merc LV gallons was never repeated.

If you need several jugs you can at least use their 5 X $20 purchases = $20 reward to spend there.

Originally Posted By: ssamaroo01
Originally Posted By: Tribe21
Rockauto has quarts for 4.37

+1

Last fall I bought the Motorcraft Mercon LV from RA it was $60 for a 12 qt case delivered and no NJ sales tax. It's currently on their site for the same cost.

Whimsey

Thank you for the advice, Bitog'ers... I did find a few places and things I didn't know with this question ask. Thanks again!

I think it will be Maxlife form me in this case...

BurrWinder

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
Originally Posted By: BurrWinder

BurrWinder

Maxlife is just a regular Synthetic LV transmission fluid that works in a lot of transmissions.

From their site:

OVERVIEW
MaxLife™ Multi-Vehicle ATF is formulated to help extend transmission life. Additional product benefits include: Additional product benefits include:

High-performance seal conditioners maintain and preserve the elasticity of seals to help prevent leaks
Full synthetic base oils and long-life friction modifiers help improve smooth shifting, eliminate slippage and shudder, prevent clutch wear and improve drivability longer than conventional fluids
Enhanced cleaning additives help reduce varnish formation and keep the transmission running properly longer
Engineered with a unique blend of viscosity modifiers and base oils to provide better oil flow at low temperatures and greater film protection at higher temperatures

I use the ATF too and just yesterday bought some at very good price considering it's in CAD$ and 5L jugs:

https://www.kia-forums.com/do-yourself/330408-heads-up-maxlife-atf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back