Papa Murphy's pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many of you have had this take-n-bake pizza, but it truly is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. However, people in the Dayton, OH area don't seem to get this. At one time we had 3 PMs in the Dayton area, and they're all closed now because they apparently didn't do enough business there. How all of these places don't have lines going out the door is beyond me. Do you have them in your local area, and if so, are they busy?

Originally Posted By: old1
We have one here, and Like them, and they seem pretty busy, but we usually opt for Godfathers pizza

Godfathers is good too. Their taco pizza is the best I've ever had, but there's just something about pulling that freshly baked Papa Murphy's pizza out of your own oven...

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Papa Murphy's pizza great stuff. Of course it the don't like it they can always move to that garbage they call Papa Johns!

Yeah, Papa John's is terrible!

Here in Chicago there are a lot of over priced pizza places.
I went to a old mom and pop place for 20 years and they got tired and closed five years ago.
I have not been able to find a reliable good pizza place since!
Enjoy!

Reality time.
Most people want a pizza baked, not one you pay top dollar for and gotta bake it yourself. Real pizza ovens used at pizza shops are better than what you and I have in our kitchen.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I don't know how many of you have had this take-n-bake pizza, but it truly is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. However, people in the Dayton, OH area don't seem to get this. At one time we had 3 PMs in the Dayton area, and they're all closed now because they apparently didn't do enough business there. How all of these places don't have lines going out the door is beyond me. Do you have them in your local area, and if so, are they busy?

It sounds like there were too many franchises for the area. No matter how good a place is, there is a limit to how many locations within a certain locality. Your local economy plays are part as well.

That said, Papa Murphys is good pizza. I’ve enjoyed it many times.

We thought they were just okay until we started cooking them on our Big Green Egg- cooked that way they are delicious.

It might just be the local restaurant scene there, here in my City it's tough for any chain to get a foothold because of so many restaurants (local independent and national chains).

It took Wendy's three tries to get a foothold here, and even then they can only muster one location (240,000 people plus another 150,000 within 60 miles). Both other times it was three locations, all three went bankrupt, twice. Lots of others have found it hard to get a foothold (Harvey's, bankrupt before opening a Kiosk on Campus that stuck but that's the only location) but there are hundreds, maybe thousands of independents. Even well established chains like McD can only muster 7 locations in the whole city. The Colonel does well here but we had Canada's first KFC (1955, his first franchise was in Ohio in 1952).

Up until about 15 years ago we had the most restaurants per capita in Canada (Toronto and Vancouver have moved into 1 and 2 today). Maybe that's the reason in Dayton?

Never heard of Papa Murphy's. We have Domino's, Papa John's and Papa Gino's here, but they closed the local Pizza Huts (my favourite) and now the closest one is almost an hour away.

Pizza Hut is in bad shape. They didn't advertise the way Papa John's and Dominoes does.

I do like Pizza Hut pan pizza.

No Papa Murphy pizza in my area.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Pizza Hut is in bad shape. They didn't advertise the way Papa John's and Dominoes does.

I do like Pizza Hut pan pizza.

No Papa Murphy pizza in my area. We liked to go to Pizza Hut for their buffet but the place seems to not have the noon trade that is once had. The quality of the buffet pizza has also slipped to where I won't go back. And their prices have increased too. I don't think Pizza Hut is going to be open in our city very much longer.

The quality of Pizza Huts buffet pizza had declined to the point I won't go in the place. Used to have a very good noon time crowd but not too many going there lately. I think they priced themselves out of the market here.

Seems to be a lot of Papa Johns hate here! I find the Papa Johns pizza to be on par with the other chain Pizza shops, admittedly I prefer Jets over PJ but the nearest Jets to me is a 35 minute one way drive and the pizza is cold by the time I get it home. Personally I support Papa Johns when I buy pizza locally in no small part because of their continued support of the NHRA and individual racers who compete at the National level. Sponsorship of a sport that I care about means something to me.

To the OP, I have a Papa Murphys near my house and their pizzas are very good, just as convenient as a frozen pizza and much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back