Installing Frantz on Ford 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Has anyone installed a Frantz bypass on a Ford 5.0 liter V8...? I’m driving a new 2018 Ford F-150...
If so, where did you install the return line..? I was told in the engine oil fill cap but it is really tiny for an oil fill cap..
No room... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Michael

Thanks Beanoil,

FYI.. I Originally put 4 Frantz bypass filters on My 1999 7.3 liter Ford Powerstroke back in 2003..I was the first to do so according to Debra of Frantz Filters(Daughter of John Frantz)... Debra was a big help back in those days.. I haven't talked her since 2005.. Shes long gone now and sold the company.. Don't know when that happened..
The guru of this forum back then was Ralph Woods.. I must have read every post by him 100 times.. He started with John Frantz back in the 1950's and went on to do his own thing with by pass filtration.. He was an expert in oil bypass filtration.. Last I heard he passed away some years ago... I don't know everything about Ralph, I'm sure there are some people in this forum who knows more about Ralph than I do and knew Ralph personally... Bypass filtration for me is a fascinating hobby. Now that I have a new truck I'm going to install my filters...

Michael

Last edited:
Michael,

Am I reading your post right, you installed 4 Frantz filters all working together on your 7.3L? How did you do this? All working on parallel or series or some combination? What is the reasoning behind 4 bypass filters? Never heard of such a thing but I’m very interested in how and why you did it.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
How does this not void the warranty?

My understanding is as long as you change your oil and your oem filter per factory recommendations and keep accurate records, an aftermarket product cannot void a warranty.

All my vehicle warranties expired many years ago, some over 50 years. WOW, how time flies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back