8th gen civics and cracking engine blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
Could you sell the car for what you paid for it? And then find a 2009-2011? While the chance of the block cracking is low it will always be in the back of your mind. An added bonus is that the 2009-2011's have some interior and exterior updates that makes them look nicer.
BTW, early 2009's can also crack. So look for a late 2009 to 2011.

Agreed, I believe issue was completely sorted by end of 2009 and beginning of 2010, did a lot of reading when I acquired mine 06. Can't remember exactly though.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Dude -- its a Honda -- change the oil pertaining to the OLM and check the oil level every week if your that paranoid.

Starting a thread asking about the percentage of cars affected is being paranoid?
tired.gif

Thank you everyone for your input.

Originally Posted By: The_Nuke
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I know 4 people who own 2006-2008 Civics, and 2 of them cracked.

What about their cars, any problems that you know of?
grin.gif

grin.gif

To be fair the cars were pretty reliable besides the engine block, one is still on the road with 200k+ miles. That one was covered by Honda and had a new engine installed. The other one was deemed too old by Honda and the owner had a used engine put in from a 2011 which is supposed to have a better block. Both of them cracked on the front passenger side, and lost coolant very quickly. The 2007 which was covered would actually empty the coolant reservoir after a 30 minute drive and leave a trail of coolant.

I have 146k on my Civic with no signs of any problems with the block. This car has been very reliable, only needing a few hundred dollars worth of repairs in the 7 years I've owned it. Although the AC stopped blowing cold air today (on a 95 degree day too)
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back