Run T6 5W30 in a new VW without specs approval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contemplating running the new Rotella T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle in my Jetta in signature. Does not have the VW specs approval like some other oils out there do though. Manual states you can run 5W30 Synthetic in the car though?

Ps. Have 7 gallons sitting on my shelf at home of the new T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle.

Last edited:
Did Shell send you that oil for free?
Regardless, I would NOT use it in your VW. The oil is fine for your VW, except it technically isn't approved for your VW because
Shell has no reason to go through the approval process they have other oils that fit the bill.
That being said, if you have an issue it could very well cause a warranty mess not worth dealing with.
But I'm no expert on the warranty process for VW's.

I wouldn't.

Seems there are plenty of approved oils out there that will not cause warranty issues.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Contemplating running the new Rotella T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle in my Jetta in signature. Does not have the VW specs approval like some other oils out there do though. Manual states you can run 5W30 Synthetic in the car though?

Ps. Have 7 gallons sitting on my shelf at home of the new T6 5W30 Multi Vehicle.

What is the HTHS of the oil and what is your driving style?

Ended up buying Mobil One 0W40 for the Jetta and will continue using the T6 5W30 in the Subaru in signature.

Last edited:
you prolly want a low calcium oil as small turbo engines have issues with LSPI $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back