Campgrounds EMPTY??? weekend before the 4th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everyone? It's the weekend before the 4th and campgrounds are not even 1/8th of capacity. I got ALL WEEK OFF, this is like the perfect camp holiday, having 7 days to camp.

So last night started the Fireworks shows., going to be great since 4th is mid week, I have the opportunity to watch 5 public displays and plenty of time for private backyard shows.

Have a happy 4th and love watching my $4k stash of pyro go up in smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to the Indy Zoo yesterday morning and usually on a Saturday in summer its packed. Yesterday it was easily a third of the usual crowds. I attribute it to the oppressive heat and humidity.

When we were living in Kentucky, the RV parks were always full and the campgrounds were quite deserted. I think a lot of people of gone away from pitching a tent to sleeping in a luxury motorhome with TV and Wi-Fi!

RV park here in Michigan is empty too. I talked to the owners a few weeks ago, they said with a mid week 4th, they were not full either weekend. I found that strange. But I do like it quiet. So I am not complaining!! But it sucks for them, they are a seasonal business after all.....

It is hotter than dutch love on a Saturday night out there, so that could be part of it.

Dutch

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Where the [censored] is everyone? It's the weekend before the 4th and campgrounds are not even 1/8th of capacity. Have a happy 4th and love watching my $4k stash of pyro go up in smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....you're complaining you've got a campground to yourself?? Fire ban here so many are probably staying home.

If I spend money on something that goes BANG a little pill is coming out of a barrel...

2d82r0.jpg

I just booked a hotel room in Myrtle Beach at the last minute for cheap. I didn't think anything would be available but I got a nice ocean view room in a resort for under $100/night. Nice room with a full kitchen and multiple indoor/outdoor pools.

We own a trailer and we did not go this weekend because of the heat. Canada Day weekend and the heat in South Western Ontario is brutal.

I was going to take my grandsons camping but temps of 97F combined with 87% humidity, topped off with a lot of pesky mosquitoes from frequent rains, and it would not be good.

I had bought a lot of toy smoke grenades so we could play Army; maybe that would keep the mosquitoes at bay?

I'm on an island off the coast of Maine. Sea breeze is amazing and it's dead here, too. No complaints!

Oh whee... Fireworks in June. My neighbor started shooting them off last (Saturday) night. My dog isn't thrilled about it, and neither am I.

Can we just curb our excitement for a few days and shoot them off on the 4th?

What a waste of $4K. Isn't there a relative or close friend in need of monetary help/assistance?

I kept a low-budget trailer in a campground for over 15 years. When the 4th falls middle of the week like this year, it's usually the weekend after the 4th, when the place is rocking with visitors/campers.

Also, much of the country is wrapped in intense heat this weekend. That even scares off campers that have air-conditioned homes.

anyone ever think that the economy in the us isn't as good as the media tells us it is?! I know a lot of people who would love to go camping but don't have the extra $$$.. something to think about when camping grounds are empty..

Originally Posted By: researcher
anyone ever think that the economy in the us isn't as good as the media tells us it is?! I know a lot of people who would love to go camping but don't have the extra $$$.. something to think about when camping grounds are empty..

I think you're onto something here. People have been really stingy these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back