Additive Component Chemistry VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: SR5

Mola, what about a physicist ...

Well that what I am :cool, ...

Hey Brother !

I mostly work with electron beams, x-rays and vacuum chambers. So no test tubes, flasks or cauldrons for me, BTW cool avatar.

Thanks to all who replied.

It is indeed one possible formula for a 2-cycle or a "pass-through lubrication" system.

There were four correct answers with Mr. W. Wilson giving the first correct answer, so he can present himself with the BITOG virtual Coffee Mug with Gold Leaf Lettering.
smile.gif

I typo-ed the percentage of polyisobutylene thickener which should have been 40%, otherwise, that would give a formula having 109% of ingredients.
shocked2.gif
But what is a few percentages among friends???
confused2.gif

This a clean burning, very low deposit formula because it has only one metallic component and that is the MMT, which is both a combustion enhancer and raises the octane rating of the final mixture.

This formula is good for 50:1 to 100:1 fuel to additive ratios.

To Show variations in formulae, here is another excellent preforming but expensive mix:

(4.5%) - polyisobutenyl succinimide dispersant DSP 220

(6.5%) - Oronite Oloa 9362

(32%) - PAO 22 CP

(27%) = PAO 7 CP

(2.4%) - n-Butyl Acetate

(28%) - Polyol Ester 12 cSt

As a second question, would any qualified responder care to guess as to the reason for the n-Butyl Acetate?

Both examples of pass through or 2 cycle lubricants seem well suited for the task. The one with MMT would be fantastic in my hot chainsaws.

To Show variations in formulae, here is another excellent preforming but expensive mix:

(4.5%) - polyisobutenyl succinimide dispersant DSP 220

(6.5%) - Oronite Oloa 9362

(32%) - PAO 22 CP

(27%) = PAO 7 CP

(2.4%) - n-Butyl Acetate

(28%) - Polyol Ester 12 cSt

As a second question in this thread, would anyone care to comment as to the reason for the n-Butyl Acetate?

As a second question in this thread, would anyone care to comment as to the reason for the n-Butyl Acetate?

Is it a knock inhibitor?

Originally Posted By: wwillson

Is it a knock inhibitor?

Plus it makes the oil/fuel smell nice ?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: wwillson

Is it a knock inhibitor?

Plus it makes the oil/fuel smell nice ?
grin2.gif

Spasm is awarded the BITOG virtual cup.
happy2.gif

n-Butyl Acetate is an ester and is one of those esters that when burned, gives off a nice smell.

n-Butyl Acetate gives off a fruity exhaust odor that is very pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back