I Am SO Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y. U. M. not Y. U. C. K.

Always been a big fan of CB. And I always get a chuckle over the giant candy bars in the store.

And I am going to leave with one of those rockers someday, even though I've been telling myself that for years

Last edited:
NYEngineer:

My wife and I often get breakfast at CB when we’re on a road trip.
Where did you learn this information? I've heard these rumors before.

What town is it supposed to open in?

I was sitting in a Cracker Barrel in Alabama and solved the annoying triangle peg puzzle. First and last time I've ever solved it.

I stop at one once in awhile, its not bad but nothing to write home about. It is better than the big chains found on every main drag IMO.

When we lived in Dallas in the mid 70's, used to only find them in Kentucky and Tennessee whenever we drove up to Ohio. They were very good and kind of a special treat. Now they are just about everywhere and are nothing special. Haven't been to one for over 5 years now.

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
I just learned we're getting a Cracker Barrel on Long Island about six minutes from my house.

When I lived in Fishkill I was about 5 mins from a cracker barrel, I am definitely a fan of cracker barrel.

Now I'm about 25 min and still worth the trip.

I grew up in Nassau county now I'm off long island they bring good restaurants. Sizzlers used to be my spot.
01.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fcjeep
NYEngineer:

My wife and I often get breakfast at CB when we’re on a road trip.
Where did you learn this information? I've heard these rumors before.

What town is it supposed to open in?

A friend who knows I like it sent me a thing that said coming soon and it said Cracker Barrel, Commack NY. It will be at the LIE and Sag intersection by Lowes. Chik Fil A is there too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
Originally Posted By: NYEngineer
I just learned we're getting a Cracker Barrel on Long Island about six minutes from my house.

When I lived in Fishkill I was about 5 mins from a cracker barrel, I am definitely a fan of cracker barrel.

Now I'm about 25 min and still worth the trip.

I grew up in Nassau county now I'm off long island they bring good restaurants. Sizzlers used to be my spot.
01.gif

Sizzler? There's WAY better stuff than that if you know where to look.

There is a CB 10 minutes from my house. Used to go there but had horrible service a few years ago and haven't been back since. I do miss the drunken apples. But I'll never go back.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
There is a CB 10 minutes from my house. Used to go there but had horrible service a few years ago and haven't been back since. I do miss the drunken apples. But I'll never go back.

Understandable. I have a whole list of places I won't go back to for one reason or another. There is a Cracker Barrel in North Carolina on that list. Service was always awful there.

Though I don't go there often, I found the food to be respectable if rather plain. Place clean, prices reasonable and service generally good. And 'ime' one CB restaurant pretty much the same as the next, consistent.

Nothing I get excited about, but know what to expect.

Cracker Barrel used to get their furniture from Hunt's Country Furniture, a sound New York based company. They make good, strong furniture .

Go to their website.

Now CB's furniture comes from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back