What's your go to brew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relaxing a little bit around the house and surfing BITOG this morning, decided to crack open a Founders Green Zebra for a nice shower beer. Got me wondering, what's the go to brew of BITOG? I can enjoy just about any type of beer, IPAs being an exception. Usually I'll go for either a Lager, Stout or Sour. Biggest factor being temperature, activity and time of day.

Domestic special night: Bud Light

No special night: Dos XX

Current favorite: Founders Green Zebra

Domestic Special: Miller Lite. Although Bud Light Platinum is very good. Very smooth and alc% is a bit higher at 6%. It doesn't taste like it but it does feel like it. Even after one I feel it.

I really don't like fruit beers but Blue Moon Mango Wheat beer is very good. I normally don't like wheat beers either but this one is good. It's seasonal so won't be around forever. It was actually out of stock for a few weeks and is back again. Seems to sell fast. Plus not all stores carry it.

Never heard of Green Zebra but will look for it. So many to choose!

Free Beer! I normally don't drink beer. Maybe have 2-5 beers a year, only if I'm out.

If you saw the prices of beer up you'd probably stop drinking too ;-)

Back in the Days it used to be Heineken.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
(Dundee's) Honey Brown; the only widely distributed beer from Rochester NY worth drinking

Only .99/can. I think they're 24 ounces also.
smile.gif

Less than a quart of oil!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Never heard of Green Zebra but will look for it. So many to choose!

It's a little hard to come by but well worth the drive. Closest place from me to buy is about 30 minutes. Is a Gose Ale/Sour, brewed with Watermelon and Sea Salt. One of the smoothest beers I've had, perfect for a hot summer day.

I was getting "Kid Rocks" Bada$$ Lager at meijers but don't see it anymore. Good stuff for $1 a bottle.

Lagunitas IPA is my go-to, but I find many other IPAs to be not very good. I don't know much about beer but I've enjoyed some stouts as well. Typically I can't stand anything light, it tastes like [censored] to me LOL, except I had this awesome fruity beer at a local place once and if I found that in stores I'd probably buy enough to fill the entire cargo space of my Suburban because that was fabulous.

I drink any style and usually high ABV beer but never a big3 any more only craft. In the heat now and this Summer it’s been New Glarus Brewing Spotted Cow only to be had in Wisconsin favorite Beer from them guys I love a Sour called Enigma and truly what it is and still trying to figure out.

Last edited:
Krafig.

It's brewed by William (Billy) Busch, of the Anheuser-Busch fame (great-grandson of Adolphus Busch). I have to go to Springfield to get it... and go to Scheel's as well... that's as close as it comes to me.

www.kraftig.com

Grolsch, when they have the TIFF cans it makes you temporarily forget about how bad it is to live in Toronto. It also tastes good and does not really hang you over too badly.
Budweiser in small cans when I want to feel like a redneck! [censored] yeah!

My own, I started brewing about 6 years ago & I have spoiled myself for other beer, craft included. I try others with an open mind but still like mine best because I can make whatever I want & after all is said and done mine is much cheaper.
cool.gif

Cheap go to is Miller High Life in bottle form.
The little town I live in has a brewery. New Glarus brewing makes so many good beers. Cabin fever, Two Women, Spotted Cow, Totally Naked, Staghorn I could go on. I often see tourists loading up their cars with 4-5 cases since you can only buy it in Wisconsin. Great beer if anyone travels through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back