Fram Cabin Air Filter - 26k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram CF10134 off my Pilot. We run the climate control in AUTO, so unless it's an especially hot day, the system mainly stays in fresh air mode:

Guess I better order some before the cabin filter tariff kicks in.
grin.gif

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Do you feel it did a good job at keeping the odors out? Would you use it again? What did you replace it with?

The Fram cabin filters seem cool, but they are kind of expensive and made in China. I like the Micronair HN03104C which is only a few dollars more than Fram but is US-made.

I installed a K&N cabin filter. Figure it is easy to take out and clean and put back in. It was a Christmas present so it didn't cost me anything.
smile.gif

Anyone know an alternative for a 2012 Altima?

Just shipped my filer I’ve been using, Fran.
No matter what it is a PITA

As long as you change a cabin air filter on a regular basis, most brands are fine. I use the O'Reilly store brand and I'm satisfied.

Dirty!!

Any reason you let it go for that long? They're so cheap and easy to get to, seems like a once a year thing max, maybe twice.

Also, did you consider changing to a carbon filter? Rockauto has several for CHEAP, like $2 cheap. I popped a carbon filter in the Volt and there was an immediate reduction in smell and dust in the car.

Originally Posted By: 14Accent
Dirty!!

Any reason you let it go for that long? They're so cheap and easy to get to, seems like a once a year thing max, maybe twice.

Also, did you consider changing to a carbon filter? Rockauto has several for CHEAP, like $2 cheap. I popped a carbon filter in the Volt and there was an immediate reduction in smell and dust in the car.

The Frams are carbon. And not only do they have carbon, they also have baking soda
smile.gif

Im curious what you used in your Maxima. I'm currently running without one and I'm not sure which one to get. What model thank you

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Do you feel it did a good job at keeping the odors out? Would you use it again? What did you replace it with?

I didn't notice a difference in odors/dust compared to the OEM filter, which was non-charcoal. It smelled a bit funky on recirculate the first few months but was fine afterwards. I had an Amazon gift card to blow so I got this replacement filter

Originally Posted By: 14Accent
Dirty!!

Laziness. Despite it being dirty, I didn't notice any funky smells or reduction in air flow. Go figure!

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Im curious what you used in your Maxima. I'm currently running without one and I'm not sure which one to get. What model thank you

I only changed the filter once on my I35 and used a Napa Gold 4823. Was working fine after 50k miles lol

The FRAM for my Highlander was $27 at Walmart while a replacement with carbon was $9.97 on AMZN. The FRAMs are expensive!

I recently changed ac filter in our CRV for the first time; the old one looked more of the same like yours at 28K on it; I used EPAuto with carbon, paid for $9 at Amazon; I haven't noticed any difference afterward

I replace mine every year with a Honda OEM unit. I went with the Fram carbon one once, and it DID reduce airflow.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
I replace mine every year with a Honda OEM unit. I went with the Fram carbon one once, and it DID reduce airflow.

I'd recommend the Micronair HN03104C. This one is the best price on it.

Micronair is the OE supplier, but Honda doesn't offer a charcoal option at the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back