Dodge Challenger Demon SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son works at a local Dodge dealership and they delivered this last week.
Buyer didn't want the PDI done, in other words don't touch the car.
The buyer lives 500 miles away.

yvFB31o.jpg

FOipknR.jpg

Horrible color. But it is a nod to history. Dodge used to make other muscle cars in outrageous colors back in the late '60s/early '70s.

I'm amazed they have the yellow chin on it, the one I posted a while back, when received, it was (and still is) sitting in the cabin.

So its gonna sit as an investment? Don't make 'em any more according to Barrett- Jackson sale up near me of the last viper and Demon in Viper red … for $1M.

Id rather resto rod a 70's Satellite Sebring with a 400HP 440 and a new 6 speed MT. for well under 35 grand.

I'd be happy with a plain old Challenger SRT; HPDE capable right out of the showroom- just be sure to have a sizeable fund in reserve for tire replacement. Make mine Sub Lime.
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Hey, in 2009 I had the Hemi orange!
Looks great!

I love all those wild MOPAR colors; if I ever get a Challenger it will be one in one of those eye-searing colors.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Plum Crazy is the color I think.

Bwahaha, reminded me of Joe Dirt.

"Yee! Auto Trader Ooh, August. I don't got this one, there are some deals in here. Oh, check this out, '71 'Cuda, plum crazy purple. Guy wants 14 grand, whaaaaat!?"

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
Originally Posted By: JLTD
Plum Crazy is the color I think.

That is the color, or a modern variant of the same.

Yes, Plum Crazy is one of currently available colors on the Challenger.

My Charger is Indigo Blue, which is slightly more toward the blue spectrum than Plum Crazy, but I've found that these colors are hard to photograph. Photos make them look more purple than they really are.

Purple and the raspberry colors look great on Challengers IMO.

Does the Demon come with those flares?

PDI means what exactly?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Purple and the raspberry colors look great on Challengers IMO.

Does the Demon come with those flares?

PDI means what exactly?

PDI = pre delivery inspection. More like dealer prep. I mentioned this in another thread about SRT guys wanting to pick up the car EXACTLY as it arrives.

I was told in that thread that that was an unreasonable request of the dealer... I think not.

A couple that I drag race with just traded in the wife's Hellcat for one of these. Same color. Took delivery of it and it was on the dragstrip within the week.

I don't know the quickest pass it made, but I saw it go 10.80 in not very good air. I believe the Hellcat had gone as quick as 11.14.

Pretty impressive for a bone-stock street car, albeit at a price.

Originally Posted By: Lenny5160
A couple that I drag race with just traded in the wife's Hellcat for one of these. Same color. Took delivery of it and it was on the dragstrip within the week.

I don't know the quickest pass it made, but I saw it go 10.80 in not very good air. I believe the Hellcat had gone as quick as 11.14.

Pretty impressive for a bone-stock street car, albeit at a price.

This is definitely the Golden Age of high performance cars.

Nice machine. I can say I am loving my Hellcat Charger...coming up on 1,800 miles...is my daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back