Rislone QR100 engine treatment Solvent naphtha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in search for engine tick removal additive and came across this oil treatment but I don’t understand what this is kerosene or something else ?will using it damage engine seals or gasket ? Is this or marvel mystery oil is better for engine tick? Want to used it in Honda Pilot 2007.

If the tick is not due to wear or mechanical problems, I would use MMO..If you have worn seals, you might experience an increase in leakage. MMO is an excellent cleaner and has an excellent track record. I use to use RISLONE in the 60's, 70's and 80's but haven't since most high end synthetic oils can do the same job of removing varnish....if this is your problem.

Is this car an oil burner?

All statements by me are in IMHO .

The car burn no oil but has small leak which can be seen around engine drain pan but has not burn no oil in it . So marvel mystery oil is better than Rislone engine treatment the only reason I think about Rislone a bitgo member name MolaKule recommendation is Rislone and has used for 500 miles in his car and MolaKule is like one of the few members whose comments are great and many bitgo members trust him. Fill synthetic oil keep clean engine clean but can’t clean lifters and sludge.

Originally Posted By: Toh1
The car burn no oil but has small leak which can be seen around engine drain pan but has not burn no oil in it . So marvel mystery oil is better than Rislone engine treatment the only reason I think about Rislone a bitgo member name MolaKule recommendation is Rislone and has used for 500 miles in his car and MolaKule is like one of the few members whose comments are great and many bitgo members trust him. Fill synthetic oil keep clean engine clean but can’t clean lifters and sludge.

A few questions. Are you the original owner of the Pilot? What oil and filter combination bare currently being used? Have you removed the front valve cover to verify that the engine has an issue that needs cleaning?

I personally like Pennzoil platinum. I'm using it in my Grand Caravan and that motor is super quiet. Plenty of other members mention the same thing that it keeps the engine quiet.

Besides an oil pan leak that you mention, I would try a different oil and filter and see if that happens to make it sound better. I would suggest a Fram Ultra for your next oil filter.

I have being using pennzoil full synthetic or conventional oil pp hm and oil filter wix=Napa gold . I have not removed the valve cover. Have used Mobil 1 high mileage in some oil change with fram ultra oil filter or m1but no different engine rich when giving gas paddle or acceleration?

Full can of BG109 for the last 100 miles before an oil change. The tick will be gone if a liquid can cure it
smile.gif

J35 Gen 1 VCM.
This has mechanical lash adjusters. I use a dial indicator on these for the adjustment, its more accurate and easier than regular or go no go feeler gauges.

You need to pull the cover and change the PCV in the front cover, its very under sized and these engine tend to get lots of deposits and varnish (no its not a cosmetic stain on this engine, it can be catastrophic).
The screen(s) for the spool valves should be changed at that mileage, there may be one or two I have seen some with one at the spol valve and one at the oil filter housing or one at either location.

In either case its a 20 min job. The plug tube seals will also need to be changed as well as the valve cover gasket.
After you pull the covers post a picture so we know what we are dealing with or not.

I have no skill to remove valve cover or can adjust lash or lifters and the only thing i change pcv valve like 15k miles ago . The only think i can able to do a oil change and add some additive. Is there is any additive it help? Thank ypu for comments

What TRAV said.

Here is the latest summary Analysis I have:

Rislone Engine Treatment from quart bottle (32 oz.) version.

Physical Tests:

Viscosity (cSt 100C) 8.0

Additives (ppm):
Magnesium (Mg) 3
Calcium (Ca) 1935
Phosphorus (P) 422
Zinc (Zn) 503
Boron (B) 8

TMP Ester 11% by weight.

When I had my 2003 PathFinder I had a sticky Variable Valve Control valve that caused a power reduction situation and within 10 miles it cleared it up.

Much depends on what is causing your tick.

If it is a dirty hydraulic valve lifter this may help, but if the problem is purely mechanical and it needs a lash adjustment due to worn components, no liquid cleaner will cure it.

So you recommend is Rislone engine treatment or marvel mystery oil or any other oil additive which will help to clean engine or sludge remove ? Thank you so much MolaKule you are blessings in this form and feeling happy your are back.

I have no skill to remove valve cover or can adjust lash or lifters and the only thing i change pcv valve like 15k miles ago . The only think i can able to do a oil change and add some additive. Is there is any additive it help? Thank ypu for comments

IMO its time to step back from using and sort of additives, the valves need adjusting and no additive can do that.
The condition of the engine is unknown, if its clean then additives wont cause any harm but these engines are notorious for deposits and if it looks like this one of that vintage using a additive to clean can dislodge a lot of garbage and clog up the screens, they you will really have trouble.

This has to be cleaned by hand, no additive will clean this and you dont want to try, the last thing you need is this lot running around in a VCM engine with tiny oil ports and passages.

New and old spool valve screen, this will be the first thing to clog and no more VCM operation, it doesn't run well on 3 cylinders all the time.

Originally Posted By: Trav

IMO its time to step back from using and sort of additives, the valves need adjusting and no additive can do that.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Much depends on what is causing your tick.

If it is a dirty hydraulic valve lifter this may help, but if the problem is purely mechanical and it needs a lash adjustment due to worn components, no liquid cleaner will cure it.

Correct, there is no valve adjustment in a can. If that's what it needs then if the OP can't do it he has to find someone who can, either paid or not. Otherwise this thread is just stringing along for entertainment value.

Originally Posted By: Trav

The condition of the engine is unknown, if its clean then additives wont cause any harm but these engines are notorious for deposits and if it looks like this one of that vintage using a additive to clean can dislodge a lot of garbage and clog up the screens, they you will really have trouble.

This has to be cleaned by hand, no additive will clean this and you dont want to try, the last thing you need is this lot running around in a VCM engine with tiny oil ports and passages.

New and old spool valve screen, this will be the first thing to clog and no more VCM operation, it doesn't run well on 3 cylinders all the time.

I agree, he needs to take it in and have a mechanic pull the covers off before putting anything other than PCMO in the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back