Sonoma This weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of you NASCAR bashers that constantly complain about the racing on ovals plan to watch the action at Sonoma this weekend? I look very forward to the two road course races each year personally. They separate the men from the boys with braking, shifting and right turns!

Even though I can't stand Kyle Busch, he is a favorite for this one. Of course I'd love to see my #48 get the first win of the season but it isn't looking to promising...

I was offered to work the company booth there at the Sonoma raceway and I'm like nah... too many people
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't think Hendrick cars will win anything this year. The three non-Johnsons are hacks (yes, they are). Elliot is another Kyle Petty--all mouth. Byron and Bowman have shown over and over they can't get it done. Johnson may find a way, but it'll take all the skill he's got

The road courses are really the only tracks where I find Nascar interesting anymore. Hustling those beasts around a road course is really something.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Watching Indy cars navigate Sonoma is exciting. Watching NASCAR do it is a cure for insomnia.

Yes, unfortunately it's like watching somebody drive a refrigerator around the course...

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
There are 3 road course races for Cup this year. The fall race at Charlotte will be on the roval.

But sad they don't come to the greatest road course in North America Road America.

Originally Posted By: dave123
There are 3 road course races for Cup this year. The fall race at Charlotte will be on the roval.

But sad they don't come to the greatest road course in North America Road America.

At least xFinity does, but I fully agree with you that it would be incredible. IndyCar is there this weekend.

I also think Cup should run the boot at Watkins Glen. However the Sonoma short course is fine with me.

Thanks for the heads up. I used to not like the road courses, now they are my favorites.

It's the best tracks Nascar Cup has to race on today.

Originally Posted By: Imp4
Watching Indy cars navigate Sonoma is exciting. Watching NASCAR do it is a cure for insomnia.

Yes, unfortunately it's like watching somebody drive a refrigerator around the course...

But it is so fun. On all the driving games the Cup cars are so hard to manhandle around a road course, but it is really rewarding.

Originally Posted By: funkymonkey1111
Unfortunately, I don't think Hendrick cars will win anything this year. The three non-Johnsons are hacks (yes, they are). Elliot is another Kyle Petty--all mouth. Byron and Bowman have shown over and over they can't get it done. Johnson may find a way, but it'll take all the skill he's got

Bowman, Byron and Elliot will be just fine, I think your getting your dislike for them confused with their skills, it's a Hendrick Motorsports issue, not a driver problem, got to engineer faster cars, I think Johson is a great driver but he would only be average without Chad Knaus,if Everham would have stayed with Jeff Gordon he would have had his seven Championships.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
The road courses are really the only tracks where I find Nascar interesting anymore. Hustling those beasts around a road course is really something.

I like the road courses also, I always have wanted to see NASCAR race at DuQuoin and Illinois State Fairgrounds on the dirt like the ARCA Stock Cars.
TOTO.

#yungmoney on pole!! stoked for tomorrow. I will admit I am kinda bummed neither Spencer Gallagher or Jon Wes Townley aren't in the truck race tonight. It was fun watching them have a slobberknocker a few years ago.

All that passing sure gets old, doesn't it?

Watching Indy cars navigate Sonoma is exciting.

That's a sentiment not often expressed. Factor in the double points, and the sentiment shrinks further.

Watching elephants do ballet is kind of amusing, but that has its limits as well, at least for the uninitiated.

But where I do draw the line is at what I guess they call "stage racing?" Do NASCAR fans actually like that?

Originally Posted By: dave123

Road America is far from the greatest road course in North America.
VIR, Calabogie Motorsports Park, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, and Barber Motorsports Park are ones that I would put above RA.
But I have thought for years that the Cup cars should run there. NASCAR's 2nd division has been running there for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back