old cars in old movies tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will admit to watching old movies/tv shows to see the old vehicles????

I'd be ashamed if I watched the original "Robocop", 1987, again just to see a Taurus.....
Front.JPG

Seriously, I think I watched Vanishing Point to see a 1970 Challenger:
Vanishing-Point-Car.jpg

.... and then the not-so-awful 1997 re-make (Viggo!)
MV5BMTU0MzU3MDYwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjQwMjgyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

One of my favorite "B" movies is HOT ROD, an ABC 1979 made-for-TV movie. (Not to be confused with the 2007 "Hot Rod" movie) It's as cheesy as they come, the definition is fuzzy, but once again, it was made for TV back in 1979.
The two main cars in the movie are a Hemi-powered Willys and an Oldsmobile 442. It stars Gregg Henry and Pernell Roberts. I've seen this movie sold on ebay before, but it's hit-and-miss.
Two thumbs up!

My wife and I have been bingeing Call the Midwife for the last few months - the 100E and A40 Somerset are always parked up, and a Morris Commercial is always in use... the Doctor uses an MG Magnette. In season 6 the new London Taxi appears alongside the original Austin taxi.

I always find it interesting in the old 30's to 60's shows that everyone including the driver, gets in, and out of the car on the passenger side. My 1950 Chevy truck has a key lock only on the passenger side. You have to lock the drivers door on the inside, then slide out the other side.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
American Graffiti. Best car movie ever. Harrison Ford in a 55 Chevy.

And Ron Howard's 58 Chevy, and Suzanne Summers 56 T-Bird, to name a few. Great movie.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
Who will admit to watching old movies/tv shows to see the old vehicles????

The Rockford Files are by the my favorite for this. Good show too IMO that could easily hold it's own compared to other comparable shows.

Bullitt is another good one, but has probably already been mentioned.

Don't forget the Gumball Rally and Cannonball Run I and II. Jackie Chan is in them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back