Rotella T 15W40 57,543kms 93 Cummins 6BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest report on this oil with 57,543Kms. Since the last report I changed 2 MotorGuard rolls, one full flow filter and added a pint of Schaeffer Moly EP. Not sure why the raise in Aluminum, possibly the results of adding the Moly but will keep an eye on it.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Nice to see insoulables steady at 0.3 so the filtration is doing just fine. Where is all the Potassium coming from?

Potassium is coming from the Archoil on this when I first changed the oil. It's slowly working it's way out.:)

Originally Posted By: A310
Nice to see insoulables steady at 0.3 so the filtration is doing just fine. Where is all the Potassium coming from?

Potassium is coming from the Archoil on this when I first changed the oil. It's slowly working it's way out.:)

That makes sense then, also explains why Blackstone didn't flag it. Nice report!

Looking forward to seeing reports on your 4-53T soon! Hopefully the V-10 is still hanging in there!

Originally Posted By: A310

That makes sense then, also explains why Blackstone didn't flag it. Nice report!

Looking forward to seeing reports on your 4-53T soon! Hopefully the V-10 is still hanging in there!

Thanks, the V10 is running great and no issues at all with the engine or trans. I did have trouble with the MotorGuard plugging up after 1000 miles. At first I thought it was the filter, but after further testing I realised it was the all the sludge and varnish being cleaned out of the engine and plugging the filters. After 8000 miles and the engine is finally cleaned up and no longer plugging my MotorGuard.:) (The previous owner never changed the oil)
I'm also looking forward to reports on my 4-53T and hope they are good.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back