Changing ATF in Jeep Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience changing ATF in Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo , 2 wd, auto with V8 engine. I understand there is a spin on filter inside the pan.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
what year?
smile.gif

Don't worry too much about the fluid. If you can find a cheep ATF+4 that is great, but multi vehicle ATF is good to if it says compatible. I used a multi in my 545RFE and it worked fantastic.

Originally Posted By: dawgn86
Sorry about that...it is a 2012 model..has the 6-Spd Automatic 65RFE Transmission

cool
thumbsup2.gif

The good news is that you can get an aftermarket pan that has a drain plug, which will make future ATF changes much easier
smile.gif

Even if you still insist on dropping the pan, having a drain plug to drain the pan first will still make things much better and less messy, rather than having a bunch of used oil splash all over. Drain from the drain plug, then remove the pan, then change the filter.

Redline C+ is the best ATF to sue in any transmission calling for ATF+4 even though it is not officially licensed.

Supertech ATF+4 is great stuff at a great price. Your only wasting money going with the more expensive Mopar fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back