How to lower throttle sensitivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
After engine rebuilt, one of the problem that i come across is hihgly sensitive throttle.
When i am driving at the first gear, i have to press throttle very and very carefully in order to prevent car from jumping forward. It is managable in second gear, and OK with other gears.
Even after a long time of practise, still i can't control it fully.
It is cable controlled throttle, with throttle position sensor.
Car is Daewoo Nexia 2006, G15MF Engine (as usual
smile.gif
)

Last edited:
I've noticed this on a few cars myself. I wish the manufacturers would have used a throttle that had non-linear function, with respect to the gas pedal. Instead of a round piece that connects the throttle cable to the throttle body, make it oval.

I imagine they make it or keep it this way so people will think the car has a lot of pep and power. It would drive me nuts when maneuvering the car for parking.

I experience this less with throttle-by-wire.

My mustang is like that. There was some talk on the mustang forums about a dead spot in the potentiometer. You could try to clean it up or try a new one.

I've not done anything about mine.

This is why I like good ole carbs.

Last edited:
I would try to open the throttle a little with the adjustment bolt. Just very little so the electronics still thinks that the throttle is fully closed and keeps your idle speed as usual. You may also experience a slight loss of engine braking.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I've noticed this on a few cars myself. I wish the manufacturers would have used a throttle that had non-linear function, with respect to the gas pedal. Instead of a round piece that connects the throttle cable to the throttle body, make it oval.

I imagine they make it or keep it this way so people will think the car has a lot of pep and power. It would drive me nuts when maneuvering the car for parking.

I experience this less with throttle-by-wire.

Thats funny you say that. On my Mom's '09 Fusion V6 the TBW sucks in that reguard. I swear the throttle mapping has a ton of throttle at the very bottom of the pedal movement. It took a long time after she brought it home to get used to it. Still see her occasionally spin tire because the first 20% of pedal seems like it does about 50% of engine power. When I drive it I have to remember to drive with an egg under my foot cause if I drive it like my Vic Ill smoke her Nokians straight off the rim.

I love how some cars have fly-by-wire throttle all weird, but other cars have it dialed in perfect. My 2004 Volvo S60R and my 2014 Mustang are both perfect.

Some manufactures like to have you believe your vehicle is more powerful than it really is by giving the first 1/4 of accelerator travel equal to 1/2 throttle. Was a common ruse many years ago. Ed

On a cable controlled throttle, do a mod on either the pedal, linkages, or design a new attachment plate (oval, as said earlier) on the throttle housing.

On a DBW electronic throttle, buy a pedal box or have a custom remap done.

Go on performance pages of a forum for that model car. I would guess it is common and fxes will be specific. As was stated throttl by wire has mapping tables that can be modified by a custom tune ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back