WoO driver Jason Johnson injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
News just broke that he did pass away.

Winged sprint cars are stupidly unsafe. Someone dies like every season. Bryan Clauson died in 2016 in a similar wreck. I believe world of outlaws just doesn't enforce super strict rules. No one wears a Hans device because it make it too difficult to look to the right in corners.

Last edited:
Quote:
Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in sprint car race

Remember that.
mad.gif

Sprint cars are stupidly unsafe and the raceways where they perform are unsafe.

Quote:
A race car that left the track at the Mount Vernon Raceway and flew into the stands Saturday night killed a young man and his girlfriend's father, relatives said Sunday. Five other spectators and the driver of the race car were injured in the accident.

Quote:
Three people were injured on Sunday night after a racecar crashed into the stands at Volusia Speedway Park in De Leon Springs, Florida.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Do those scoop looking things on those cars hold them down??

The wings? Yes they create a massive amount of downforce. That is how they can go around the corners so fast. Winged 410 sprint cars are beasts, 900+hp, direct drive, massive stgger. A friend of mine has a non winged 360 car and even that is a beast, we keep trying to set up a time when I can get a chance to do a couple laps in it.

As far as the safety, anyone driving a racecar of any type knows the risks involved. Small dirt tracks can are limited by their budgets as to what they can do. Not every track can be owned by Tony Stewart like Eldora and Macon.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
News just broke that he did pass away.

Winged sprint cars are stupidly unsafe. Someone dies like every season. Bryan Clauson died in 2016 in a similar wreck. I believe world of outlaws just doesn't enforce super strict rules. No one wears a Hans device because it make it too difficult to look to the right in corners.

They don't wear a HANS, they tend to wear the Simpson Hybrid which is also NASCAR legal.

https://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/hybrid-pro-nascar-approved/

He died at a track down the road from me. Another sprint car driver died at the same track 4 years ago with the same type of wreck. They both landed upside down on top of the concrete wall. Sprint and midget car halos need to be redesigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back