Schaeffer's oil reviews on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Reading reviews for Schaeffer's PCMO 0w-20, 5w-20, 5w-30, etc. online (Amazon) and people talk about this stuff like there is nothing better.

Positive reviews like:
- engine runs quieter
- smoother
- cooler
- better mpg's

I have looked at the specs off their website and the numbers don't look like anything spectacular except for the large amount of moly.

I have had excellent results with Amsoil and off the shelf major brands.

Can anyone confirm that this oil is that much more spectacular than other major brands?

It’s all in their head. You WANT it to be smoother/quieter/better mileage if you spend that kind of currency on oil, so it is. My 3.3 Hyundai is always quieter after any oil change. My Fords are quiet period. On cheap old Valvoline Synthetic. I just don’t write reviews on Amazon.

Just remember that when a certain product gets mentioned a lot, there are folks who jump on the bandwagon and next thing you know it's better than anything out there.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
How can it be in their head, and then you report the same thing.... j/k.

Well played.

High moly oils always run smooth and quiet I've noticed. Pennzoil and Quaker State oils are the smoothest I've used in all three of our cars. I have QSUD in my 300ZX,PP in my Accord,and PP in gf's Mustang.

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
Wow! Reading reviews for Schaeffer's PCMO 0w-20, 5w-20, 5w-30, etc. online (Amazon) and people talk about this stuff like there is nothing better.

Positive reviews like:
- engine runs quieter
- smoother
- cooler
- better mpg's

I have looked at the specs off their website and the numbers don't look like anything spectacular except for the large amount of moly.

I have had excellent results with Amsoil and off the shelf major brands.

Can anyone confirm that this oil is that much more spectacular than other major brands?
The same claims are made by Amsoil. Redline, Royal Purple users etc . The oil isn't that expensive so give the oil a try and report the better mpgs, cooler running, The engine being smoother and the engine running quieter.

I'm not gonna say it's better than Amsoil, but I do believe it's as good or better than the equivalent offerings from Valvoline, Pennz, QS, etc., and even regular M1. I think it's a good value and a quality product. I run it in my GMC and Mercedes, and my BIL's family runs it in everything including a K2500 Suburban w/280K, and TDI Beetle and Jetta with 285K and 350K respectively.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 69Torino
It’s all in their head. You WANT it to be smoother/quieter/better mileage if you spend that kind of currency on oil, so it is.

Agreed. So many dumb people think they can spot a 2-3mpg gain with the latest most fashonable snake oil. You could never make that conclusion without a dyno and many hundreds of test samples.

Further, if it actually did help MPG, then auto makers would specify it from the factory, just like 5w20.

It’s all in their head. You WANT it to be smoother/quieter/better mileage if you spend that kind of currency on oil, so it is. My 3.3 Hyundai is always quieter after any oil change. My Fords are quiet period. On cheap old Valvoline Synthetic. I just don’t write reviews on Amazon.

thumbsup2.gif
I think when a most people spend that much money for a boutique oil they naturally say that. After all how else can they justify the expense to themselves. lol

Of course; one must think to write a review! Lol, I understand! I guess we all have our own preferences. Different strokes for different folks! Don't forget Schaeffer's puts Antimony in there oil. Sometime in the future I'm going to run the 9000 in my Montero. But, going through a couple intervals of Redline first. Amsoil is on my list too. I'm stocked for the next decade or two. I don't smoke and only drink on special occasions, so I enjoy my oil hobby! I will find the perfect oil and they change formulas!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Don't trust reviews on amazon any more...

That said-it's a good oil...

Exactly. There have been a number of stories about fake or spiked reviews on Amazon.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Don't trust reviews on amazon any more...

That said-it's a good oil...

Exactly. There have been a number of stories about fake or spiked reviews on Amazon.

They have a tendency not to post true but negative reviews on their service and their climbing prices.

There is no room to talk about Amazon reviews. You guys know there are crazy claims on this board as well.......

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
They have a tendency not to post true but negative reviews on their service and their climbing prices.

Amazon posts any and all reviews that come in. The problem comes with private sellers, especially the Chinese. Often when you leave a bad review, they will basically bribe you to remove or edit it. I had one send me a $100+ set of headlights for free to remove my bad review. (I didn't, because the seller didn't keep their end of the bargain and change the description to make it more accurate) I'm not sure how the Amazon software works, but it really penalizes products with bad reviews.

If you're looking at something that is actually sold and shipped by Amazon, you should be able to trust the reviews. Especially the ones that say "verified purchase" next to it. The manufacturer could still send in some shill reviews, but, they would have to buy the product to get that "verified purchase" thing.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
How can it be in their head, and then you report the same thing.... j/k.

Well played.

Illogically played, Captain.

It being in thier head does not preclude it being in his head, and he didn't say it wasn't.

I took him to be using his perception as an example of subjective bias.

More subtle than a LMAO, but clear enough.

I for one don't trust online reviews, they've often been edited.

However for Schaeffer Oil, it's pretty good stuff from what I hear. I've posted before that member TiredTrucker uses it almost exclusively.

I did a search because this is of interest to me as well, I think the results speak for themselves:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3224346/Searchpage/4/Main/209288/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_'10_Tahoe,_6859_mi,_Schaef#Post3224346

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3600688/Searchpage/3/Main/229159/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_2010_G37xS_Schaeffer's_5W3#Post3600688

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4006532/Searchpage/2/Main/248864/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_2010_G37xS_Schaeffer's_5W3#Post4006532

^ Just maybe not for Nissan engines? LOL

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4408606/Searchpage/2/Main/270445/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_2003_Ford_F-150,_Schaeffer#Post4408606

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4478930/Searchpage/1/Main/273643/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_Schaeffer_9000_5w30,_9100_#Post4478930

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4516941/Searchpage/1/Main/276316/Words/Schaeffer/Search/true/Re:_Schaeffers_5w30,_6,271_mil#Post4516941

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3039212

Usually they're paying more attention after changing to a more expensive oil. Most oil changes are going to make things a little quieter and smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back