What to do when your Glock jams

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't.

My 45 Glock has never jammed in normal use with thousands of rounds. I did once reload some flat head wad cutters that would not feed up the ramp properly and would jam often but never a normal round nose or hollow point.

it's obviously speculation, but it's entirely possible the glock jammed from a contact shot in a 2'x 4' tunnel. who knows--luckily he was able to employ the war hammer!

Originally Posted By: spk2000
It doesn't. My 45 Glock has never jammed in normal use with thousands of rounds.

Same here - if a Glock fails to run, it is almost always the fault of the ammo... every time.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
It doesn't.

My 45 Glock has never jammed in normal use with thousands of rounds. I did once reload some flat head wad cutters that would not feed up the ramp properly and would jam often but never a normal round nose or hollow point.

Mine doesn't either spotlessly clean or even 500 rounds dirty standing in a clean range shooting at paper. I've never pushed it ahead of me crawling in a small black dirt tunnel hunting bad guys...have you?

This warrior earned his PTSD.

Excellent...now he is fubared for the rest of his life (ptsd)
33.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
33.gif

Doubt it.

This dude’s cut from different cloth.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
33.gif

Doubt it.

This dude’s cut from different cloth.

Quote:
The soldier, an Iraq veteran, called the 30-minute fight the most difficult of his military career. For at least an hour after returning above ground, the solider was unable to speak due to his level of distress.

I was once on a yacht (we were sailing on the adriatic sea) with mixed Croatian/Slovenian team...amongst us it was(is) my Croatian friend who was fighting in their war for indenpendency (balkan war)...and in my "ignorance" I asked one "inapropriate" question about their fight for their indenpendency...if you dont know what PTSD is you dont expect how "they" react on questions like this...now I know (and I dont mind at all that I know!!! )
smile.gif

Edit: and yes... HE was as "hardcore" as this british SAS is...

Last edited:
On that subject. Every time I shoot I do some misfeeds and tactical magchangeouts. I highly recommend it if you carry. It becomes automatic

Originally Posted By: Al
On that subject. Every time I shoot I do some misfeeds and tactical magchangeouts. I highly recommend it if you carry. It becomes automatic

Great advice. Add in doing it in pitch black on your belly just in case.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

While three other guys are trying to kill you...

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

I'll pass on that one.
wink.gif

SAS definitely have the will to get the job done. Hats off to those guys. Years ago I saw a picture of New Zealand SAS after a battle (Afghanistan). The guys were bloody, they looked tired. I stared at that picture for like 30 minutes, and I still have that picture in my mind. Warriors sent to do a job, and do it well.

Found the pic
kabulattack2011a.jpg

A true warrior hero, amazing real life story. I can't commend him enough for his bravery and willingness to act in the face of odds that were stacked against him.

For those of you who think Glocks never malfunction, I would submit you have not shot enough combat scenario training. While the Glock reputation for reliability is well deserved, and they are probably as good or better than anything else made, they do indeed have a hiccup now and then. We do a couple of training drills at work they don't care for. But training for clearing malfunctions is paramount anyway.

*Not to get off topic - very few Afghan recruits have the qualities necessary to be trained and become effective solders ... Many suffer from not having many branches in their family tree coming from small , remote dwellings ... If anyone thinks the UN can pull out and leave things to the Afghan army to defend / defeat the Taliban on their own , well it's just not going to happen !
Originally Posted By: Blaze
Grab a claw hammer! but Afghan soldiers are totally 100% useless. Glad the outcome was in the volunteers favor. He is one tough SOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back