My stash of Kendall GT1 almost gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a economy car, got 120k miles on it, great oil, LOVE THE TI, now, I would like to try a very inexpensive cheap oil and still maintain a 7.5k oil change interval until EOL.

My main concern going on is economics replacing Fram Ultra every other oil change and would like to know what oil brands should I be looking at now. Please advise. 5w30 and a 4 cyl 1.6L timing chain Renault motor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
I drive a economy car, got 120k miles on it, great oil, LOVE THE TI, now, I would like to try a very inexpensive cheap oil and still maintain a 7.5k oil change interval until EOL.

My main concern going on is economics replacing Fram Ultra every other oil change and would like to know what oil brands should I be looking at now. Please advise. 5w30 and a 4 cyl 1.6L timing chain Renault motor.

Why not just do Mobil 1 when those rebates come around again in August? You could easily do 15k on the oil or at least 10k and keep the Ultra filter in there. Synthetic oils tend to be cheaper that conventional because they have rebates which you don't typically find on conventional. With the rebate, a 5 quart jug was $12.88.

^^^^^^^^^

Zee09 as it right.... In my opinion.

Castrol Magnatec 5w30. $18 5 qt container now at Wally World.

Is that the green or blue oil? Or is it just regular "oil" color?

But if you are wanting cheap, the Mobil 1 with a rebate ends up being around $14 for 5 qts. The Magnatec is not a bad deal @ $18 not having to deal with rebates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back