13 Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Ford Escape, 67000 miles 1.6 ecoboost. I have replaced both rear wheel speed sensors about a year apart. After the last replacement the hill assist and traction control warning lights will not clear. The last ford dealer said the speed sensor was bad after the 100 dollar scan. Had my local independent mechanic charge the sensor , but the codes will not clear. I received a letter from Ford describing a software update that the ford dealer said was not necessary. Long story short two different Ford garages can’t seem to iron out the issues. Yes I had a independent mechanic put the new sensor on to save money on the labor. One of the Ford dealers told me that the cars are complicated to work on and that is why Ford is stoping production of most cars due to software issues. Any help appreciated.

Also should mention I unhooked the battery terminal hoping that would clear the warning lights. No change.

Originally Posted By: RedOak
2013 Ford Escape, 67000 miles 1.6 ecoboost. I have replaced both rear wheel speed sensors about a year apart. After the last replacement the hill assist and traction control warning lights will not clear. The last ford dealer said the speed sensor was bad after the 100 dollar scan. Had my local independent mechanic charge the sensor , but the codes will not clear. I received a letter from Ford describing a software update that the ford dealer said was not necessary. Long story short two different Ford garages can’t seem to iron out the issues. Yes I had a independent mechanic put the new sensor on to save money on the labor. One of the Ford dealers told me that the cars are complicated to work on and that is why Ford is stoping production of most cars due to software issues. Any help appreciated.

You gotta be kidding me! Coming up with total nonsense has nothing to do with Ford saying they are discounting certain models.

Go back to the dealer, preferably a different Ford dealer and have the update performed.

Originally Posted By: RedOak
I received a letter from Ford describing a software update that the ford dealer said was not necessary.

Call the dealer and talk to the service manager about it who's less concerned about the upsell compared to a service advisor. Some are just bad dealers. So if you don't have luck there try a different dealership. Again only talk to the service manager on this. Advisors only seem to be interested in sales, sales, sales.

Keyword: manager

A crossover based on a car platform is just as hard if not harder to work on than the car (add the 4x4 drivetrain and stability control...etc.).Ford dealers don't have a good answer why their cars are going away....they should be saying "The customer prefers make believe off roaders rather than sedans/coupes".Andy Griffiths Mayberry wouldn't be patrolled by Galaxies or Taurus cars anymore either...they'd be using Explorer Interceptors today (well...if Ford sponsored them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back