Super Tech Euro Spec Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my high vis buddies who would die in the trenches to defend 40 weight oil, I noticed this Euro Super Tech Synthetic 5w-40 that even has the MB 229.5 spec, up from the MB 229.3. Enjoy.
smile.gif

WalMart seems to really be expanding their Super Tech offerings. In my local WalMart you can only get Sae 30 and 20w50 in Supertech not the major labels. I'm sure those are not fast moving products but it kinda cuts down the selection to use for older tractors and lawn equipment.

Very interesting. Think I'd prefer to run Pennzoil Euro L for that kind of money, but great to see an option like thistle cars that need it.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
You do realize the Pennzoil Euro L is 5W30, and a low SAPS ACEA C3 oil? This is 5W40, and A3/B4?

Did you mean Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W40, which is A3/B4 as well?

Yes, I sure do mean Euro L.

And given that Ive already run experiments in wear and TBN retention without ULSG, and now that we have ULSG, I'd personally run with confidence to get a robust, low NOACK oil.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Interesting. SN and Euro.

Allowable with 0/5W40, but not not the thick full saps 0/5W30.

SN and full SAPS euro specs are only mutually exclusive with 30-weights.

Also noticed the ST oil doesn’t actually have manufacturer approvals.

Last edited:
many products aka oils not in your wally store can be ordered into your store shipped free with a minimal order!!!

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N

Why? That is normal combo for EU oils...
I thought it would be SL Times change thing .

API SL is hard to find nowadays (here). Almost everything here is SN + additional euro specs (LOW & FULL saps) ...

Nice to see this, but it would have to be <$20 per gallon to pull business away from M1 Euro which is currently $21.88 at my local WM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back