Super Tech Conventional 15w40 HDEO. CK-4/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at Wally World and spotted the this ST conventional 15w40 diesel oil that is both CK-4 and SN, or basically a mult-fleet oil. I wondered what other conventional HDEO’s are multi fleet. Came up with one: Chevron Delo XLE which is CK-4 / SN.
Others?

Last edited:
There was some discussion on whether it’s Warren or Safety Clean. I noticed it’s a 5 liter container so it is definitely mixed for the Canadian market and it says imported from the USA. What markings are we looking for on the bottom?

Last edited:
The jug in the picture is CJ-4 and has engine builder specs from a decade ago. They were the last specs before CK-4.

For instance, Mack and Volvo are now EOS/VDS 4.5, Cummins is 20086 and Detroit is now 93K222.

FWIW, XLE (Delo) is a syn-blend and Delo SDE is a conventional. Both dual rated.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I just read the fine print and realized this is a CJ-4 not CK-4, which might make it more interesting to the Ford 6 liter guys. Was it Ford that was holding off on CK-4 on some of their older engines?

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
The jug in the picture is CJ-4 and has engine builder specs from a decade ago. They were the last specs before CK-4.

For instance, Mack and Volvo are now EOS/VDS 4.5, Cummins is 20086 and Detroit is now 93K222.

FWIW, XLE (Delo) is a syn-blend and Delo SDE is a conventional. Both dual rated.
smile.gif

Hilarious dusty, you beat me by 3 minutes on the CJ-4 thing!
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I just read the fine print and realized this is a CJ-4 not CK-4, which might make it more interesting to the Ford 6 liter guys. Was it Ford that was holding off on CK-4 on some of their older engines?

Yup, Ford says that the low phosphorus CK-4 oils are no good for their Powerstroke engines. If not low phosphorus, then it's fine. As Garak has said many times, Ford was fine with Delvac 5W-30 with a low P additive package. Now they have a concern about it.
21.gif

This oil in picture is almost certainly a "normal" additive package with the higher phosphorus/zinc. They can do that with 15W-40.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back