Battery stuck in flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a D cell leak in my 4 cell mag light. Not even that old. Any tricks to getting it out. I have it soaking in baking soda and water. Hoping that works. If it does not whats next?

If it's corroded....might not come out. Had one like that and had to replace it.

But refresh the baking soda periodically as it gets used up by the acid.

Is it all the way on the bottom?

Use a screw with an extension. Put a washer on it with a piece of string so you can pull it out.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Had a D cell leak in my 4 cell mag light. Not even that old. Any tricks to getting it out. I have it soaking in baking soda and water. Hoping that works. If it does not whats next?

Where did you keep that flashlight? Sometimes gets to 135 degrees when the windows are closed in your ride.

Can you still beat up hippies with it?
laugh.gif

I 2nd the wood screw idea. You could weld some 1/4" rod to a self-drilling screw. A 4" decking screw that goes all the way through would catch more. You might get better luck going through either the center (a carbon rod) or somewhat off center.

I've lost at least 3 Maglights due to this. Not only do the batteries leak but they seem to swell also. Had Eveready batteries in all of them. Ended up replacing them with the $5-$6 LED 6V lantern style lights. Anything leaks it all gets disposed of.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You can waste a lot of time and still have a piece of junk or just save some time and replace it with a new one.

Maglites are worth a little effort to save. But it wouldn't hurt to buy another one either, all made in USA.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You can waste a lot of time and still have a piece of junk or just save some time and replace it with a new one.

Maglites are worth a little effort to save. But it wouldn't hurt to buy another one either, all made in USA.
it's an LED one too. Was pretty expensive. To me anyways.

I have had that happen, the battery swells up . Take off both ends of the flashlight and have at it. Mortor the battery out with a dowel or a long socket extension.. out.The batteries will come out or the flashlight will break . I guess it is a maglight type

Do you know the make of the batteries? I had that in my 6D cell Maglite. I sent it to Engergizer and they sent it back to me all cleaned up and brand new batteries at no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back