Must read for everyone watching their diet

Status
Not open for further replies.
YnUMmy2.jpg

Bacon.

Im doing Keto so I'll eat that bacon. And those eggs. And that steak. And that butter and full cream. All in one meal. LOL

My wife tries to keep us eating healthy, and I try to sabotage when I go grocery shopping with her. Need to show this chart to her!
grin.gif

If you want to be truly miserable, just stick with the cardiologists diet... If it tastes good, spit it out. And no matter how much you exercise, you're not getting enough.

Now Burgess Meredith understands how to live!

In today's world, anything that tastes good will kill you.

Originally Posted By: billt460
If you want to be truly miserable, just stick with the cardiologists diet... If it tastes good, spit it out. And no matter how much you exercise, you're not getting enough.

If you want to HAVE a heart attack, then follow the cardiologists diet...you can be miserable as well as having that heart attack.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Not a huge bacon fan.
27.gif

Yeah, I don't like huge bacon either.

regular sized/thickness bacon is perfect however.

My major food groups-- ice cream, walnuts, chocolate, bananas, peanut butter,kayro syrup. things like that....at 72...lol

I'd eat it except since until we get married I'm still cooking most of my own meals, bacon is too much bother with all the grease management and then clean up. three minutes of good taste for 15 minutes cleanup. Nope. I do throw a slice of ham in the pan after the eggs are done, however.

Currently every breakfast I have when at home is the same or close to this (about 30 minutes after two cups of coffee):

- Two brown locally raised eggs, over hard (pan greased w/ pure olive oil)
- Sandwich size slice of ham (seared after eggs are done)
- Two slices real (deli sourced) cheese (hot eggs placed on top)
- Bowl of oatmeal or couple buttered (real butter) slices of toast (non-gmo organic bread)
- One whole orange or one bananna
- one glass of Florida OJ
- One a Day (men over 50 formula) multi-vitamin/mineral

The above jump starts my metabolism for the day, as well as bowels & urinary tract.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Not a huge bacon fan.
27.gif

Yeah, I don't like huge bacon either.

regular sized/thickness bacon is perfect however.
But where can we get this huge bacon, to see if we like it?

When my son was in Cub Scouts one of the moms was a dietitian and gave the scouts a lecture on proper diet and the colors of the food type thing . I had to add if you eat M@M candy you would be getting all the colors of the healthy food groups. She gave me the look that well if I was her husband I wouldn't be getting any for at least 6 months.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I'd eat it except since until we get married I'm still cooking most of my own meals, bacon is too much bother with all the grease management and then clean up. three minutes of good taste for 15 minutes cleanup. Nope.

If it takes you 15 minutes to clean up after cooking bacon, then you're cooking it wrong. Microwave and paper towels. Cooks it the best and the fastest. And the cleanup only takes as long as it does to walk from your microwave to your garbage can.

Not a huge bacon fan.
27.gif

You may try various kinds of prosciutto or sopressatto - real ones, not imitations.

I love the new Arby's commercial with Ving Rhames saying: "If a sandwich needs a little something, you put bacon on it." (pause) "If a sandwich is perfect just the way it is, YOU PUT BACON ON IT!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back