I Had To Tell Somebody- Banquet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Banquet always made horrible food period.
I remember being a kid many decades ago and my father telling my mother not to but that slop.I walk by it all the time at the grocery store. Yuck.

They used to have the eight piece box of chicken. It was the best of their offerings
but was still rubbish.Today it is a complete fraud. They use excessive breading
to make thighs look like breast. Yes really. You now get 3-5 pieces of chicken for
$8.

I cant believe they have a website with reviews.
Read this for a laugh.

https://banquet.com/fried-chicken/original-crispy-chicken-0

It doesn't get any better than this.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
You bought it, you learn and you move one.

I knew the first comment would be just as you wrote it.
Not a complaint. It's just so ridiculously bad it's funny.

How expensive is this? My local Walmart has various warm chicken products and snacks in a conspicuously placed heat tray near the self-checkout. The whole chickens are pretty good and make for a better quick dinner than take-out. However, the breaded snacks, specifically he nuggets (or bites or whatever they’re called), are atrocious...to me. My wife and son like them well enough, though, and will get them as a snack once a month or so.

Key thing: we eat well, so these are treats, not meals. The price is also dirt cheap for a ready-made, warm snack. They wouldn’t be there daily if people, like my wofe, didn’t like them. I’m sure there are people who really like them, too. Doesn’t matter how much I dislike them if others are buying...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
How expensive is this? My local Walmart has various warm chicken products and snacks in a conspicuously placed heat tray near the self-checkout. The whole chickens are pretty good and make for a better quick dinner than take-out. However, the breaded snacks, specifically he nuggets (or bites or whatever they’re called), are atrocious...to me. My wife and son like them well enough, though, and will get them as a snack once a month or so.

Key thing: we eat well, so hese are treats, not meals. The price is also dirt cheap for a read-made, warm snack.

Exactly. My grocery stores do this too.
The price is $8 and I won't complain about that at all but as the earlier poster
said it was all about greed. There tv dinners are far worse and I don't know how
they stay in business. My closest Popeyes is a 30 mile round trip. Same for KFC.

Seems BITOGers know the nutrition score but we all reserve and exercise the right to eat a hot dog or 12 over a holiday weekend.

We got balance and proportion.

However there are some foodstuffs which should be outlawed.

Among them are incredibly shoddy offerings (breaded junk mentioned above) and ridiculous sizing TV come-ons (anything I've ever seen at Taco-Bell).

People don't know they make that concentrated sugar in a way to hold junk ingredients together.

Other compounds "texturize phase change" upon heating. This is the pink slime of the fast food industry. It turns into burger!

A certain lunch box pie line uses nothing but the cheapest oils available on the market. They use the unhealthiest.

I'm having Chef Boy-ar-dee Ravioli tonight!

I hear ya, man. I also think things like Spaghetti O’s are gross, but I used to love them as a kid. I’ll eat them every so often for the nostalgic taste. The same goes for any juice that tastes like the nasty, store-brand stuff, where you had to add two cups of sugar to a 2 liter pitcher, or the cheap, off-brand sodas and snacks. I never really liked them, but it’s all that we could afford at times when I was a kid, so it’s atrociousness is familiar and pleasing in some weird way.

I remember eating Hungry Man dinners with my dad, too. The Salisbury steak was gross...but every time I have something that tastes similarly, it kinda brings me back in time, when my dad was doing the best he could.

I’m sure I’m in the minority on the above. If they’re still in business, it has nothing to do with corporate greed. Someone (or many someone’s) are still buying it, and I’m sure some like the taste and consider it a good value.

Perhaps you should get together with ZZman and start a data mining thread on this subject?

Who eats cheap frozen dinners?

I remember eating Hungry Man dinners with my dad, too. The Salisbury steak was gross...but every time I have something that tastes similarly, it kinda brings me back in time, when my dad was doing the best he could.

You said it so well. When I was 13 I'd eat the turkey tv dinners from Hungry Man
My old buddy a German Shorthaired pointer would finish them up for me. I was laid up in a leg brace for 15 months. I can't eat them today but I feel your vibe.

Perhaps you should get together with ZZman and start a data mining thread on this subject?

Who eats cheap frozen dinners?

Only if you do the graphics.

Originally Posted By: Kira

However there are some foodstuffs which should be outlawed.

Among them are incredibly shoddy offerings (breaded junk mentioned above) and ridiculous sizing (anything I've ever seen at Taco-Bell).

I get your point, but I disagree about Taco Bell. Specifically, mynumber one cheat takeout food (by a huge margin) is their steak Grilled Stuff’d burrito. It’s well-sized and, with their hot or green sauce, is pretty darn tasty. I usually get it without refried beans, which means they tend to add more of everything else, making it even better for me. I eat this maybe a half dozen times per year.

I do also like some of their other offerings, even if it contains their Grade C “dog food”! :gasp:

I also indulge in their nachos and cheese sauce - also horrible for me, but tasty and very satisfying on an infrequent basis.

Moderation is key. Fifty-taco/nugget/(and etc.) meals, just for me, isn’t the same as an occasional treat. I can understand that some people find this kind of food gross at any interval and portion, as well as those who make food like this their daily meal, due to cost; however, there are some of us who truly enjoy these things...in moderation.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
You bought it, you learn and you move one.

I knew the first comment would be just as you wrote it.
Not a complaint. It's just so ridiculously bad it's funny.

I reread this.... Was meant to mean Banquet was funny, not you.
Sorry!

I don’t eat processed meals, but these comments are hilarious.

Y’all need to learn to cook! Lol

Last edited:
I do all the cooking and frequently pack using "number of meals" as a clock.

But, every once in a while you find yourself in Nowhere'sville, USA and a open fast food joint is a gift from God.

Goes double for Europe. Over there entire cities close.

Every family experiments with a good or a brand.

Anyone here old enough to have eaten Chun King chow mein with the two cans taped together? Or the all time classic, Franco American spaghetti in a can?

Some things are better left on the grocery shelf. Potted meat anyone?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I don’t eat processed meals, but these comments are hilarious.

Y’all need to learn to cook! Lol

Yeah lol. I'd never allow reviews if i was Banquet!

Originally Posted By: Kira
I'll TOTALLY try that burrito you mentioned.

It’s all about the place. I’ve had some places load one side up with rice and steak, while the other side was filled with sour cream and everything else. I haven’t had this problem often, luckily, but it definitely puts a damper on my cheat night!

The true irony is that this kind of chow is quite affordable.

Taco Pronto was a stand alone Mexican place on Albany, NY's Western Avenue which was AAA+.
Fresh, honest ingredients.

Another joint was "Chicken Ranch" in NYC. They made sandwiches and salads. So singular their dozen stores were.
'Twas so easy to communicate and get your money's worth. Honest. They folded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back