Do you Bluetooth your phone and car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a vehicle capable of connecting your phone by bluetooth do you? If not why?

My wife's car can and shw does. However I rarely drive her car so mine phone isn't.

You should. It's awesome to take a call in the car. No problems hearing the other person and they have no problem hearing me.

I do, to the Pioneer head unit in my GTI. Radio reception sucks in my area and that way I can stream radio stations from my phone.

Also use it for hands free calls etc. on the Android platform.

Other things I stream is Tidal, Spotify and Pandora.

Bluetooth is by no means audiophile quality but plenty for the car imho.

Originally Posted By: Imp4
No. You should not take a call or be otherwise distracted while you drive.

Hands free voice controlled calling in a car is no more distracting than talking to a passenger.

I install an aftermarket headunit or special radio adapter on my vehicles that don't have bluetooth. The fines here are so steep that getting bluetooth hands-free installed is cheaper than getting ticketed.

My Mustang has Sync and I do not connect my iPhone. I do not use my phone when driving. It gets plugged into a charger and placed face down on the passenger seat.

Android Auto all the way. Able to talk, voice text, Pandora, Navi etc. Phone never leaves the console storage compartment.

I often forget to turn on BT when getting in the car. Handsfree or not, it's too distracting for me to take a call while driving.

It does because I have it play music through the bluetooth, but I have to shut off the phone portion of it because I was too lazy to get another mic to plug into my head unit.
Not that I take calls very often. Im usually texting.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Hands free voice controlled calling in a car is no more distracting than talking to a passenger.

Phone: I agree. Besides, my wife is my “communications liaison” while drivI got, so I mostly just listen, with a grunt of appoval or an,”uh huh” every so often, so the person on the other end knows I’m there.

When I’m by myself, I’ll usually let it go to voicemail. However, I consider it safe enough to talk, especially if I’m tired or fatigued. Helps keep me more alert than rolling the windows down every 13 seconds.

Music: I download a ton of my favorite music and podcasts to my phone, using Apple Music; so does my wife. It’s more efficient than satellite radio and CD’s. I can also skip songs indefinitely, using steering wheel controls, depending on my mood for music.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Not true...
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2008/12/01/2434193.htm

Passengers also have a view of the road and an understanding to be quiet when parking and in traffic.

Person on the other end of the phone doesn't and often tries to ramp up the conversation when you go quiet because you need to.

I DO Bluetooth...listen to podcasts over and over...eventually I get them, like downloading them subliminally, it's not like concentrating on a lecture.

Phone, if it's my wife, it's just can you grab stuff on the way home. Work, usually let it go to the keeper

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Passengers also have a view of the road and an understanding to be quiet when parking and in traffic.

Clearly you've never driven with a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back