low water pressure on new kitchen faucet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently replaced a 1980s era faucet with a pull down model. The pressure is relatively low. If l remove the head, there is plenty of pressure. I checked for debris in the head and didn't find any. Can the lowish pressure be due to a water flow restrictor that are common in new faucets? Any idea on how pressure can be increased?

Originally Posted By: Joe1
Recently replaced a 1980s era faucet with a pull down model. The pressure is relatively low. If l remove the head, there is plenty of pressure. I checked for debris in the head and didn't find any. Can the lowish pressure be due to a water flow restrictor that are common in new faucets? Any idea on how pressure can be increased?

Is there a screen in the head?
Maybe you got some debris in there while installing it.

yes some faucets are limited to around 1.5gpm and some have a higher 1.8-2.5 power setting.

Would be my first thought..

what faucet is it?

Get rid of that restrictor. You may have to tear a few things up....

Did you remove the aerator prior to testing the faucet? You need to flush it and then reinstall the aerator. Or whatever it's called. Good luck.

What room is this sink in Joe?
I put a low pressure faucet head in the kitchen. If things like dishes need to be rinsed with higher throttle-thrust of water, we use the pull-out, hose sprayer next to the faucet. No water restriction on the sprayer head.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

What room is this sink in Joe?
I put a low pressure faucet head in the kitchen. If things like dishes need to be rinsed with higher throttle-thrust of water, we use the pull-out, hose sprayer next to the faucet. No water restriction on the sprayer head.

Per the first post and title: He just replaced his kitchen faucet with a pull down type.. there is no side sprayer.

You can buy an aerator at Home Depot or any good hardware store that sells faucets. I had to site to store a new aerator from Home Depot for myself because in my store they only sell slower flow ones. Check the reviews and like everyone else has said, get the 2 gal/min flow

Thanks for the replies. For those that asked, it is the kitchen sink. Being that it is a pull down model, there is not a side sprayer. I opened the valve under the sink as far as it would go and that helped a bit. I still may try a less restrictive 2 gallon a minute flow.

The new kitchen faucets are all restricted at 1.5 GPM or less.

Try to see how much flow restriction [censored] you can get ripped out. That's about all you can do.

When we moved into our house, all the bathrooms had been re-done over the last few years. Every one of them still had all the flow restriction [censored] in the shower heads and lavatory faucets. Took me nearly 2 hours of going around with a set of pliers and needle nose pliers getting all that stuff pulled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back