3. Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 134
4. Renault Sport F1, 56
5. McLaren Renault, 40
6. Force India, 28
7. Toro Rosso, 19
8. Haas, 19
9. Alfa Romeo Sauber, 12
10. Williams Martini Racing, 4

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

3403cc2214deb45ed0d6b698f9104e72.jpg

Sorry guys, I usually get these up on Thursday mornings.

So we have a "new" circuit, exciting stuff. Hopefully the recent modifications to a few of the turns will help passing.

I've been watching F1, MotoGP and World Superbike racing for more than 25 years now, and while I'm well aware of Paul Ricard's existence (and can name most international tracks on sight), I can't say that layout looks at all familiar. Very strange.

I know these guys are pros and the FIA goes over every detail but does anyone else notice the blend line and racing line overlap?

Originally Posted By: gofast182
I know these guys are pros and the FIA goes over every detail but does anyone else notice the blend line and racing line overlap?

There are so many lines painted and track configurations I don't know how the drivers stay on course.

Originally Posted By: billt460
What is the penalty for going over the solid white line when exiting the pits?

I can't remember what they assessed last season. I was wondering about it too and also about others already on track crossing it from the other direction. I saw that happen a few times today but maybe it's Ok in practice. Dunno.

Originally Posted By: billt460
What is the penalty for going over the solid white line when exiting the pits?

I haven't seen that issued for a while, and with a quick check, mostly it's been a driver reprimand, so that's why we haven't heard much about it.

What a goofy track. Looks like a giant AutoX painted on a big parking lot. The few spectator vantage points are horrible. And they complained about IMS....

Some time after it stopped hosting the GP, the track was turned into a private testing facility, and didn't hold a spectator event for many years. But it has seen continuous investment, many changes, and as the runoff areas illustrate, some different thinking in track construction. COTA has similar areas, but not to the same extent.

Bernie owns the track, so there's no shortage of money to invest. He also engineered the return of the GP, so F1 isn't rid of him yet.

One thing he can't control is the area around the track; there have been major traffic problems.

Track aside, one of the reasons people hated Magny-Cours is because it's in the middle of nowhere. Le Castellet is close to Marseilles at least.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
There are so many lines painted and track configurations I don't know how the drivers stay on course.

I thought the same thing when I saw it. That is the goofiest looking track I've ever seen! It looks like a Kaleidoscope when viewed from the air. It's enough to give you a headache.

Originally Posted By: Reggaemon
Originally Posted By: gofast182

Easy. Just follow the car in front of you for 53 Laps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back