Cherry vs orange hand cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Go to advance Auto they have real Cherry Bomb from ZEP at the commercial desk. You will never use the orange stuff again (or any other for that matter) guaranteed!.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/zep-...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Our diesel mechanics at work use this too.

There are dirty hands and then real dirty hands.
crazy2.gif

Ive been surprised that the cheap, pumice free orange goop has done so well with the black grimy dirt from working on my diesel.

If it works it works.
thumbsup2.gif
Another good one that I used for many years was sold by a German parts store, it was made with with wood pulp, the smell and the cleaning were great, probably one of the few really environmentally friendly product that cleaned as well as solvents.

Hummm I been using the bars of Lava soap for years. I have a large sink in the garage (hot & cold water).
But most times I do a followup cleaning in the kitchen with whatever soap wife has in the soap dispenser.
One of these days I'm going to try something different. Something orange or cherry scent would be a change.

I've used Dawn, Goop, Gojo, MAC Tools had something buy the best I've found is granular commercial dish soap that I got from a restaurant supply store.

i don't use the cherry orange stuff because there is better on the market. i use what will cut the grease and grime and not dry out my hands
add a little boraxo on my hands and a little water and it will take the greasy grime off.
i highly recommend it

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Hummm I been using the bars of Lava soap for years. I have a large sink in the garage (hot & cold water).
But most times I do a followup cleaning in the kitchen with whatever soap wife has in the soap dispenser.
One of these days I'm going to try something different. Something orange or cherry scent would be a change.

Honestly, Ive always just cleaned up with some pumice soap or hand cleaner at my large basement sink. But Ive started to be a bit more proactive with the waterless cleaners, including using them where I work as I get real dirty. Makes for a cleaner overall ending.

I don't think it would work as well with pumice cleaners exfoliating my skin all the time. The pumice free stuff works great in that regard, IMO.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

WRT nitrile gloves, yeah, me too, but the issue is that they work great when starting out. Then they rip, I take the dirty ones off to go inside and get something, and once hands are sweaty, they just don't go on again. Maybe I should double bag and use baby powder?

I use a hand cream before i don gloves, that way if i get a break , the grime does not stick too bad. And the gloves go on/off easier.

fote_vite.jpg

I use the 9 mil black gloves from hf for really dirty work. They really hold up.

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-mil-nitrile-powder-free-gloves-50-pc-x-large-61743.html

Last edited:
When I was wrenching on diesels for a living, Fast Orange was brand new and I loved it. Works well enough and I don't like the way cherry smells.

zep tko with lanolin. It is amazing, cleans, not harsh, and leaves hands soft. I don't know where to get it, it's in the bathrooms near our machine shop.

Go to advance Auto they have real Cherry Bomb from ZEP at the commercial desk. You will never use the orange stuff again (or any other for that matter) guaranteed!

That's the stuff I've been using for the past 10 years at least, but I'm still not averse to the orange stuff in a pinch, either.

The Cherry Bomb stuff sounds interesting. It appears that Home Despot carries it in certain stores. But I don't like gritty cleaners; I use a brush to provide abrasiveness when needed.

The orange/citrus stuff is miles ahead of the old days, when you basically only traded smelly grease for the smelly solvents in the cleaners, which did skin no favors either.

Now, I usually just buy the Mack's smooth from NAPA when it goes on sale. It's cheap and works well enough for occasional use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back