2018 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Well, we ended up going a completely different direction on the replacement for the Durango. Originally we were looking at a Durango R/T with the 5.7L and then all of a sudden my wife was like "TRUCK!!!!"

We did an extended 2-day test drive of a 2017 EcoDiesel last week and could not believe the fuel mileage. It has lots of torque and almost no turbo lag, so it drives surprisingly well for a diesel, it is also insanely quiet.

They happened to have a new one on the lot that checked all the boxes for my wife (mainly, as much black as possible and leather with 4x4) and with the clearing out of the 2018's, we saved 34% off of MSRP, so we got a new truck for the price of a used one.

A few initial snaps (and my wife looking like she's having some sort of verbal dispute.. she's not), sorry for the poor quality.

Congrats!

We also got a new RAM, with the incentives it was as you said cheaper to get a brand new truck.

Great looking truck.

Black is such a beautiful color on cars, the day it's detailed. I don't have the patience to deal with it, otherwise I'd love a black car.

Do you think you'll get a tonneau cover so groceries and other stuff doesn't fly out/around?

I service a 2015 Grand Cherokee for a friend. The Eco Diesel is a great engine.
I think yours has a 10 quart pan.
Enjoy your beautiful truck!

If any sort of bed cover is in your plans I highly recommend the Retrax. That’s what I have on my Frontier and I love it. Convenient and secure and it looks nice.

As a black in black owner, can't say I'd do it again, let alone something with so much sheetmetal to clean.

But to each their own.

Awesome truck, congrats!!

How many km did the Durango have and why did you get rid of it?

Super Nice! Like the white letter tires. I haven't noticed that on a new one.

I know I'm really digging my minivan engine (Pentastar) powered poor man package 2017 Ram. Same color.

Looks solid and nice that truck, really like the black interior
smile.gif

Welcome to the VM Motori club...we've got two VMs in our fleet.

(The older specs C3, the newer C3 Dexos 2).

Really nice, congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back