Dillon Precision Is Simply The Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dillon Precision is the epitome of customer service and is everything that many companies strive to be, but most never attain and if they do, they cannot sustain it. I have been a Dillon customer for decades now and will always be for the quality of their products, but also because they give so much to our veterans.

Case in point, many years ago, I befriended a veteran who served our country with pride, but was injured and subsequently became disabled. He acquired an interest in sport shooting and wanted to get into reloading. I spent a few months scouring the web to find a used Dillon press with the intent that I would send it back to Dillon for a refresh and the gift it to my friend.

I found an RL550B that was in decent shape, but missing a few parts, so I sent the press to Dillon with a letter describing the situation and asked them to contact me for CC information to pay for the refresh. The press came with non-Dillon dies and I asked them if they had a “trade-in” program where I could receive a discount on a new set of Dillon dies.

I shipped the press to them on a Tuesday and based upon their notes on the web, I figured it would be a few weeks before they contacted me to discuss the specifics. On Friday of that same week, I received an email from Dillon with a Fed-Ex tracking number indicating the press had been shipped with an estimated delivery of Tuesday (I had Dillon ship direct to my friend)—no other details were provided.

I had to travel for business and lost track of time, but I received a call from friend when he figured out who sent the press and not only was every part on the press repaired or replaced, they also included a new set of Dillon dies. In essence, it was a brand new press in a new box with all new accessories at ZERO charge. I plan to contact Dillon and “force” them to accept some payment because this was far more than I ever expected and my friend is jumping for joy.

Moral of the story—we should support those companies like Dillon who take customer service to the nth degree and support our veterans in a manner honoring their service.

My hat is off and I have two thumbs way up for Dillon Precision. Way to go!!

That is awesome. I want to go down the reloading rabbit hole and have always liked Dillon's products. No-one local is a vendor unfortunately and the one gun shop that sells reloading supplies says Dillon is "overpriced junk" so obviously they don't get any of my business.

It also illustrates that Dillon understands the value of good PR & word-of-mouth, as is happening right here. And has enough profit in their product to be able to maintain this level of giving back. Not a thing wrong with either, good for them. Great company doing the right thing.

PSD 2015 with all due respect DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a 550 since 1991 and their no [censored] warranty is just that !

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
It also illustrates that Dillon understands the value of good PR & word-of-mouth, as is happening right here. And has enough profit in their product to be able to maintain this level of giving back. Not a thing wrong with either, good for them. Great company doing the right thing.
There is the price of purchase and the cost of ownership. Dillon has kept my 550 better than new as needed. I sent mine back a few years ago for a rebuild and It returned upgraded and yes better than it was when I first bought it new. Mike Dillon RIP was a brilliant businessman. Excellent product, excellent price and excellent service.

Originally Posted By: CT8
PSD 2015 with all due respect DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a 550 since 1991 and their no [censored] warranty is just that !
Agreed (and with equal respect), but it is one thing to warranty a product, but quite another to:

1. Have someone buy a used product, send it to the manufacturer.

2. The manufacturer replaces it with new equipment and adds new parts which were missing.

3. Add a new set of dies.

4. Ship it to another person who was also not the original purchaser (nor ever bought a Dillon product).

5. Never ask for (nor likely expect) any money to cover any of the costs including shipping.

I have been around the block a few times, but I know of NO other manufacturer and certainly no sporting goods makers who would do this consistently.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: CT8
Agreed (and with equal respect), but it is one thing to warranty a product, but quite another to:

1. Have someone buy a used product, send it to the manufacturer.

2. The manufacturer replaces it with new equipment and adds new parts which were missing.

3. Add a new set of dies.

4. Ship it to another person who was also not the original purchaser (nor ever bought a Dillon product).

5. Never ask for (nor likely expect) any money to cover any of the costs including shipping.

I have been around the block a few times, but I know of NO other manufacturer and certainly no sporting goods makers who would do this consistently.
I have been most impressed over the years.They go above and beyond what would normally be expected. Over the years I have taught 5 or 6 people to reload on the 550 , they quickly bought their own 550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back