How to use up a case of SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor cleaning out basement gave me a case of Pennzoil 5W30 with the SF rating. Figured I could always use it for flushing the dirty oil out of a new to me car I pick up who's oil hasn't been changed in a long time. Or just use it in a beater. Any reason I shouldn't?

In a beater, why not? If you're worried about the beater use 2 quarts of it per OCI and/or use it for top up oil. It can also be used for OPE as well. Nothing goes to waste. I wouldn't use it in anything I didn't consider a beater.

I have used plenty of older oil and have had very good results but even I won't use oil older than SH rated....oils older than that were short on modern additives, IMO. I don't see much harm in using it for a short flush in a neglected engine but I wouldn't run it for an OCI...that's just my opinion

I hear there are lead compounds in the blue ink on the labels of those.

I'll be right over to take it off your hands. Nothing written down, of course.

I might be close to you, that's definitely NOT a good oil.

I can gladly take it off of your hands
thumbsup2.gif

Really? What's the problem? Can't you just say, "No thank you"?

A guy gave me 4 good speakers his son (sound guy) rescued from a sound shop. I didn't want 'em for anything. Saying no would've been easy.

My mental illness regarding finding homes for good stuff kicked in and I took 'em.

Today they're in use in organized events in a nearby city. I chatted up a "disco mixer" setting up at a town's block party.

He could've just said no too.

Vultures! HEAVENS Make me a turkey vulture....they're uglier. Ha-Ha

Hardly any plastic bottles of oil on Ebay. Not yet collectible. Closest thing I found was these Esso https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-LOT-OF-8-QUARTS-OF-ESSO-UNIFLO-10W-30-MOTOR-OIL-PLASTIC-BOTTLES-ALL-FULL/112941925919?epid=5017416697&hash=item1a4bdd061f:g:tFAAAOSw5E5asn9O at $10 for 8 quarts.

Hi! If These are plastic bottles and you are interested to sell About 4 or 5 pieces I would take them empty! Contact me for an offer!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
In a beater, why not? If you're worried about the beater use 2 quarts of it per OCI and/or use it for top up oil. It can also be used for OPE as well. Nothing goes to waste. I wouldn't use it in anything I didn't consider a beater.

This is exactly right. 2 at the start and then use for top off later. Perfect advice.

Don't waste good oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back