Valvoline DuraBlend 80W-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was trying to diagnose a terrible noise I heard that I thought was coming from underneath my Suburban while driving the other day (very bad noise) I thought oh no did I ruin another 10-bolt, I've already killed one in a Yukon that went out with a bang and took the 4L60E with it a couple years ago. Well, anyway, took the cover off, everything looked good, sure the old gear oil was nasty but it was full and there were no chunks or glitter.

I put in Valvoline DuraBlend 80W-90, it cost me about $7/qt. I didn't put any additives, because it's a locker, not a limited slip, right? Well I drove it and I honestly don't think the noise was coming from my vehicle, but either way the new diff oil is performing fine. At the time I was driving next to a really old Dodge and maybe the noise was coming from that, I don't know. Any other things that could make a harsh metallic grinding noise underneath the truck?

Is that oil ok for these diffs? Anybody used this product before? I can put something else easily enough if it's no good but I suspect it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back