Fireworks Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Warstud
How do these Fireworks Stores survive after July 4th ? Do they sell other things?

Canadians smuggling? We can only get fireworks, no explosives like firecrackers, bottle rockets or M-80s

Originally Posted By: Warstud
How do these Fireworks Stores survive after July 4th ? Do they sell other things?

In the area where I work, which is high poverty, people buy bucketloads of this stuff year round.

Btw, the M80's they have now are a joke. When I was a kid, they were powerful enough to blow fingers or even part of a hand off. They are a shadow of what they used to be. You could light and flush one down a toilet at school and cause water to come flying out of every bowl in both the boys' and girls' restrooms.

I'm not saying I'd want to have them be that powerful again. It would cause greater competition for Darwin Awards. I'm just pointing out how mild the fireworks are nowadays, comparitively. And yes, I know people get badly injured by fireworks still. They just have to work a little harder at it or just have worse luck.

Last edited:
In a lot of states they are legal year round. Or the "store" is basically in the middle of nowhere on a freeway and they own it, so they can afford to only be open a few months of the year.

If you drive across the country you will find fireworks stores strategically located near any border state where they are legal on one side but not the other. I'm planning a trip now for a famous store known as "South of the Border", where people from NC go to buy much better SC fireworks.
grin.gif

Same was true when I lived in Oregon...most people went up to Washington or indian reservations to get the good stuff. I've seen no enforcement action.

Originally Posted By: OilFilters
In a lot of states they are legal year round. Or the "store" is basically in the middle of nowhere on a freeway and they own it, so they can afford to only be open a few months of the year.

If you drive across the country you will find fireworks stores strategically located near any border state where they are legal on one side but not the other. I'm planning a trip now for a famous store known as "South of the Border", where people from NC go to buy much better SC fireworks.
grin.gif

Same was true when I lived in Oregon...most people went up to Washington or indian reservations to get the good stuff. I've seen no enforcement action.
I've got some Washington fireworks still that I bought while on vacation last year
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back