Napa MaxDrive (Cardone Select) NEW CV Axles

@nobb
Hytrel has been out for 30 years, and patents are only good for 20 years.

Also, Cardone does use thermoplastic boots on some of their reman axles, their HD-series for select applications.

Raxles might use thermoplastic, too.

From top to bottom: Cardone Select, OEM, Surtrak/Trakmotive. All of these are supposed to be driver front axles, but they are all slightly different in length. Of the 3, the Surtrak produced the least vibration - but it was still very noticeable at all speeds above 20mph and 2500 rpm.

On the passenger side, I tried Cardone Select and GSP. The GSP axle was at least 2/3” linger than OE and would not properly sit inside of the intermediate bearing.

Neoprene is the correct material for a cv boot. Toyota boots are neoprene, a thicker, harder, denser version than aftermarket junk and will easily survive ten years.

Neoprene is the correct material for a cv boot.
Where did you pick up this bit of info, because your Toyota uses neoprene? Neoprene was "correct" when it was the only material used by all manufacturers. GM was an early adopter of thermoplastic boots on some models, the boots were still good after 20 years, the grease failed before the boots.

10 years doesn't seem like anything to brag about. As I type this that'd basically mean every MY 2013 and older would need new boots.

Back