Who makes the Mopar 5038041AA filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil? Champion? Wix?

417kgF-7kLL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Originally Posted By: CT8
I didn't know Pennzoil made oil filters.

I don't think they make their own in-house. Made by someone else with the Pennzoil name on the can.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: CT8
I didn't know Pennzoil made oil filters.

I don't think they make their own in-house. Made by someone else with the Pennzoil name on the can.

If I remember right they are purolator filters. The quaker state ones are.

Everything I have seen indicates that SRT model filter which fits my 5.7L Hemi, but my non-SRT Ram doesn't call for, is made by Wix. The standard Mopar MO-899 is made by Purolator, at least here in the US.

Pennzoil, Quaker State, and Performax oil filters all have been made by Purolator in the US in recent years.

I don't know either, but my Hellcat has less valvetrain noise on start-up with the SRT filter. (Even though the 899 is original equipment.) Maybe this pic will help the more astute members determine the manufacturer(s).

I'm thinking I'll use a Wix XP on mine. That SRT filter does look pretty sweet though.

Looking at jkasch dissection pics, the SRT shown of looks like a Wix made filter. It uses a coil compression spring like Wix. That said, unlike the Purolator made Mopar it doesn't use Wix thread end bypass, so dome bypass. I don't see the thread end spacer normally used with Wix made dome bypass. But the SRT of may be a one-off filter.

So best guess with information provided, Wix made filter.

Yes, I believe the SRT is Wix made, so instead of going out of my way to pick up the SRT, I'll just go down the street to O'Reilly and grab a Wix XP.

OT - where is the filter located on the 392? I haven't gone searching for it yet.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Looking at jkasch dissection pics, the SRT shown of looks like a Wix made filter. It uses a coil compression spring like Wix. That said, unlike the Purolator made Mopar it doesn't use Wix thread end bypass, so dome bypass. I don't see the thread end spacer normally used with Wix made dome bypass. But the SRT of may be a one-off filter.

So best guess with information provided, Wix made filter.

It's much like the Wix 57899 / NG 7899 cross for the Mopar MO-899 in regard to construction details (dome end bypass, no spacer) but differs in having nitrile ADBV and who knows what for sure media from Poland, and is said to have higher BPV set pressure.

Yes I see it now in link. Instead of using spacer with dome bypass, the SRT uses an integral endcap outlet extension like the Wix/NG 5/7899 but nitrile adbv instead of silicone. Luckily looks like Photobucket restoring hijacked pics, for now.

Charger Filters Exposed.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
It is Wix
thumbsup2.gif

The Wix part number is 57063

Thanks. Yeah, when using the Wix filter lookup tool and you do a cross reference against 5038041AA part number, it brings up 57063. But strangely, when you look up by car make/year/model/engine, it brings up a different filter (57899 or 57899XP). Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back