Royal purple 75-140 in a subaru rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says.

Car calls for 75-90, i have couple qts laying around and would like to do a change as the rear could use it and is making a little noise. I can’t remeber last change. Last time i used motul 300 for what it matters.

Will this hurt things? 2000 2.5rs

Originally Posted By: 91camarosRS
As the title says.

Car calls for 75-90, i have couple qts laying around and would like to do a change as the rear could use it and is making a little noise. I can’t remeber last change. Last time i used motul 300 for what it matters.

Will this hurt things? 2000 2.5rs
Go for it.

Since you already have it go ahead and use it. Otherwise I would recommend a different brand gear oil because the RP 75w140 sheared and thinned out in our Mazda CX-9 transfer case (known for issues due to 0.5qt capacity, no drain plug, and lifetime recommendation from Mazda).

Gear oil is gear oil. The way the ratings work make it sound like a huge dofference, but really i dont think it would be in normal terms. Its like a 30wt and a 50wt, (correct me if im way off here) but yeah, idk i run 75/140 in front and rear of my pickup, and royal purple synchromesh in the m5od instead of mercon. Everyone says atf is best, but it shifts WAY better to me after the change, so im sticking with it. If its making noise, heavier oil is a crutch in the long run, but a [censored] of a lot cheaper than a rebuild so imo worth a shot.

Don't feel bad, but I was censored referring to the human species as Ho Mo (scientific terminology for humans) Sapiens on another site, not BITOG. I didn't create the language nor the word. Just went to school. Guess that teaches me to use scientific words.

Won't hurt a thing. If anything on a Subaru do check to make sure all the tires are the same brand/model/size and within 2-3% of treadwear of each other.

If there's one thing that will quickly kill a Subie besides bad head gaskets(on the older cars) and careless engine mods, having too much of a rotational difference with your tires will do one in.

Yeah i had a blowout and just put all four new tires on it.

Already did head gaskets too.

Can this be mixed with my .3qr of motul 300 i have left too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back