Tried NuFinish Today ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to protecting the paint on a vehicle that is worth the effort of waxing, I don't care if the product I use costs 4 times more than NF...if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right...

Originally Posted By: grampi
When it comes to protecting the paint on a vehicle that is worth the effort of waxing, I don't care if the product I use costs 4 times more than NF...if it's worth doing, then it's worth doing right...

Amen brother.

Kmart tires on a Rolls Royce as still Kmart tires (and the Rolls just dropped a ton in value and ride).

Originally Posted By: grampi

What's the cheapest quart of oil you own.........? What's "wrong" with NuFinish? Your statement clearly means that if you use Nufinish it's some how incorrect....or one is wasting one's time.

Last edited:
One reason I don’t use NuFinish is its questionable UV protection. While they say it does protect from UV rays their statement leaves a lot of questions.

From their website FAQs:
“Nu Finish Car Polish does have UV protection. In fact, we originally tested our car polish on automobiles in Florida in order to expose them to the greatest punishment. Our results ultimately lead to the statement that our product is the once-a-year car polish.”

There are many products that are certified to protect from UVA and UVB rays. This protection is important for the clearcoat.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
One reason I don’t use NuFinish is its questionable UV protection. While they say it does protect from UV rays their statement leaves a lot of questions.

From their website FAQs:
“Nu Finish Car Polish does have UV protection. In fact, we originally tested our car polish on automobiles in Florida in order to expose them to the greatest punishment. Our results ultimately lead to the statement that our product is the once-a-year car polish.”

There are many products that are certified to protect from UVA and UVB rays. This protection is important for the clearcoat.

Agree.

There have been problems with NuFinish for a very long time. It's simply a bad product.

Here's a 2010 thread (the first post says it all) on this website regarding NuFinish:

NuFinish SUCKS! Thread

Unfortunately a decade of flaming this product hasn't educated everyone. I just feel sorry for the new car owners, the new detailing wannabes, and the "want to make my car look nice" newbies who find out the hard way just how horrible NuFinish is. Those promoting the NuFinish product are not only in denial, but also are doing their fellow vehicle owner a major dis-service.

Perhaps this thread will finally come to its rightful rest.

I am fighting embedded white specs of NuFinish after applying with a DA polisher : I didn't apply an excessive amount of NuFinish liquid to the application pad nor did I apply too much downward pressure to the DA polisher - when I removed the just dried wax with a micro fiber towel I was greeted by white dust and white flecks of NuFinish that are embedded into the paint . *This was the first time I used a DA polisher with NuFinish and can only think I should have only gone over an area across instead of across and then back up the opposite direction as most DA polishers are used ... Regardless , now I am left with all these embedded flecks of NuFinish in my paint which washing did NOT remove ! Any suggestions on what will remove embedded flecks of NuFinish in the paint ?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I am fighting embedded white specs of NuFinish after applying with a DA polisher : I didn't apply an excessive amount of NuFinish liquid to the application pad nor did I apply too much downward pressure to the DA polisher - when I removed the just dried wax with a micro fiber towel I was greeted by white dust and white flecks of NuFinish that are embedded into the paint . *This was the first time I used a DA polisher with NuFinish and can only think I should have only gone over an area across instead of across and then back up the opposite direction as most DA polishers are used ... Regardless , now I am left with all these embedded flecks of NuFinish in my paint which washing did NOT remove ! Any suggestions on what will remove embedded flecks of NuFinish in the paint ?

That might take a mild polishing product...the DA Polisher will help you with that (using the right pad as well of course)...I'd try a milder polish first...before resorting to a stronger one...

Perhaps this...safe on clear coat too...

Meguir's Ultimate Polish

If you need something safe but with more cleaning...

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

After things are cleared up...put on a quality sealant like:

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Sealant Wax

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted By: PimTac

From their website FAQs:

Agree.

There have been problems with NuFinish for a very long time. It's simply a bad product.

Here's a 2010 thread (the first post says it all) on this website regarding NuFinish:

NuFinish SUCKS! Thread

Unfortunately a decade of flaming this product hasn't educated everyone. I just feel sorry for the new car owners, the new detailing wannabes, and the "want to make my car look nice" newbies who find out the hard way just how horrible NuFinish is. Those promoting the NuFinish product are not only in denial, but also are doing their fellow vehicle owner a major dis-service.

Perhaps this thread will finally come to its rightful rest.

What a disingenuous link. The guy found a old bottle (apparently) and had issues with it because it was old. C-mon can you do better than that?

Originally Posted By: CKN
What a disingenuous link. The guy found a old bottle (apparently) and had issues with it because it was old. C-mon can you do better than that?

The only thing disingenuous in this thread are posts promoting NuFinish as a viable auto detailing product, knowing it's disasterous as illustrated two posts back. Countless people have reported the same bad results with brand new bottles of that defective goop as well as old ones. There's reports like that going back about 10 years on this site.

This poor fellow needs help bailing out from the terrible effects, so the help is genuine.

Hopefully ChrisD46 can recover from the adverse affects of NuFinish on his vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Jaha24k
How many applications do you guys typically get per bottle?

Of which product?...several have been mentioned in this thread.

Originally Posted By: CKN

The only thing disingenuous in this thread are posts promoting NuFinish as a viable auto detailing product, knowing it's disasterous as illustrated two posts back. Countless people have reported the same bad results with brand new bottles of that defective goop as well as old ones. There's reports like that going back about 10 years on this site.

This poor fellow needs help bailing out from the terrible effects, so the help is genuine.

Hopefully ChrisD46 can recover from the adverse affects of NuFinish on his vehicle.

BECAUSE HE USED AN OLD BOTTLE!

CAUTION.....Thread closing ahead.

Last edited:

Which product? The best product out there which is NuFinish.
It depends on the size of the vehicle and the number of coats you want to start out with.

A Day in the Wax

I tried NuFinish today, oh boy. I was an unlucky man whose car was dull. And though it did a semi-decent job, I just had to cry. I thought it would never dry. It was a time getting it off my car. I did not notice that the date had changed. My wife stood and looked at me as though I were deranged.

I put on a second coat and noticed that, it was a mistake in seconds flat.
I woke up, fell on the dash, need a refund of my cash. For a 10 spot plus tax, I could have had ultimate paste wax...
Ah Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Baby you can wax my car. Yes, that is road tar. And you know it's true, I only run D1G2. Beep beep beep

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
A Day in the Wax

I tried NuFinish today, oh boy. I was an unlucky man whose car was dull. And though it did a semi-decent job, I just had to cry. I thought it would never dry. It was a time getting it off my car. I did not notice that the date had changed. My wife stood and looked at me as though I were deranged.

I put on a second coat and noticed that, it was a mistake in seconds flat.
I woke up, fell on the dash, need a refund of my cash. For a 10 spot plus tax, I could have had ultimate paste wax...
Ah Ahhhhhhhhhhh... Baby you can wax my car. Yes, that is road tar. And you know it's true, I only run D1G2. Beep beep beep

The topic should have been closed prior to your post.....

Obviously nu finish. But u and ur alias Grampi keep derailing all nu finish threads. I've never seen someone with such a huge vendetta against a product lol.

Obviously nu finish. But u and ur alias Grampi keep derailing all nu finish threads. I've never seen someone with such a huge vendetta against a product lol.

While its hard for some to believe, not everyone drinks the misguided marketing Kool-Aid. At least 3-4 people in this thread don't, maybe more.

Luckily there are still some people who follow a moral obligation to help their fellow vehicle owners avoid disaster (NuFinish)...in contrast to others who persist in making it their mission to steer people towards it.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46

That might take a mild polishing product...the DA Polisher will help you with that (using the right pad as well of course)...I'd try a milder polish first...before resorting to a stronger one...

Perhaps this...safe on clear coat too...

Meguir's Ultimate Polish

If you need something safe but with more cleaning...

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

After things are cleared up...put on a quality sealant like:

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Sealant Wax
ni
*Exactly what I will try to rectify the embedded NuFinish flecks as I just clayed the vehicle before applying NuFinish .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back