Approach Watching on the Beach @ St Maarten ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you've seen this, maybe not. One of the best approach watching locales, where else can you enjoy the tropical beach and get buzzed by 747's?

Hmmm... seems that one was devoid of 74's. Here's a 747...

Those videos are very fun to watch but Maho beach was decimated from hurricane Irma last September. The whole place was destroyed. Hotels are not there and the airport is still in temporary accommodations.

Didn't they finally just recently block off that part of the beach for safety reasons due to people getting hurt/killed from being blown off the fence? I thought I read that somewhere.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
If true that's insane....

Completely true.

Spent a few hours there myself...

The 'rents have been there a few times. Very true place indeed.

There's even signs posted warning people of jet blasts IIRC.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
There's even signs posted warning people of jet blasts IIRC.
I have been there, totally true and there are warning signs posted. If memory serves, not so long ago a woman was killed by the jet wash.

Just to the side of that is the Sunset Grill, food was great, but the water just at the shore is incredible.

Yes folks ,...insane , unsafe, and stupid....another day with responsible parents...imho

Last edited:
I dont think they send any 47s to the island anymore, since most have been retired and the narrow bodies can support the demand. Would be an amazing sight to see though, when the 47s are lined up they definitely look like theyre running out of room before V2

This one is in our fleet:

GV_beach_flyover_resize.jpg

Miami International airport has lots of interesting people not from the USA that are interesting to watch.

Lots of pretty European women..

In Miami I have a short lay over, about an hour. So I'm busy scurrying from one end of the airport to the other in order to make the flight on time. Most times I get to the gate and they're already boarding. Since the originating flight is a little bit behind. Talk about close calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back