flare nut wrench set

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bit the bullet and got the snappies. The only new Snap On tool I have ever purchased.

I got a set for $230 shipped to Canada. I looked at other options and they were the best value.

How much old brake work do you do to justify that kinda coin? Here's a factoid I learned from living in the land of road salt. If you cant remove a brake hose or unscrew a line fitting with a decent open end, its junk, cut the hard line with dikes and use a 6 point socket. Once or twice I've saved the line but it usually gets fatigued and is iffy at best.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
How much old brake work do you do to justify that kinda coin? Here's a factoid I learned from living in the land of road salt. If you cant remove a brake hose or unscrew a line fitting with a decent open end, its junk, cut the hard line with dikes and use a 6 point socket. Once or twice I've saved the line but it usually gets fatigued and is iffy at best.
grin2.gif

Not sure if you're joking or serious.

I don't even use an open end on a nice sized bolt. No way would I use one on a dinky brake line.

Originally Posted By: andyd
grin2.gif

The worst part is I have never even used them, still sitting NIB.
Here's what I learned living in the land of road salt: buy good tools, because you will only have one shot at a corroded fastener.

I found a 6 piece set of snap on on ebay. Buyer took my offer of $100 and $10 shipping.

Can't seem to post the listing, once i've bought it, but here is the pic from the listing.

Thanks for the advice.

s-l1600.jpg

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I found a 6 piece set of snap on on ebay. Buyer took my offer of $100 and $10 shipping.

Can't seem to post the listing, once i've bought it, but here is the pic from the listing.

Thanks for the advice.

s-l1600.jpg

You did well!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Those are good tools that will last a lifetime, you did well.
thumbsup2.gif

Now you are hooked, no more HF for you.
lol.gif

Thanks, yea I get some gloves, zip ties microfiber cloths at HF not really tools. I have some Blackhawk 72 tooth ratchets in 1/2 and 3/8( and 1/2 and 3/8 craftsman) that I really like , so that's why I was looking at Blackhawk flare nut wrenches.

Last edited:
That's good, you know what a quality tool feels like to use.
Strike Klein off the list, its another good company gone/going bad, I just bought a step drill like I have bought many times before and its made in China and they are selling it a premium.

Originally Posted By: Trav
That's good, you know what a quality tool feels like to use.
Strike Klein off the list, its another good company gone/going bad, I just bought a step drill like I have bought many times before and its made in China and they are selling it a premium.

Too bad about Klein, did not know that. I have some klein pliers that are pretty tough.

Hmm but now i'm thinking about the offset boxend wrenches i've been wanting. I think will have to wait, I don't want wifey to freak over how much i spend on another set of wrenches!

Not going to go to the garage to get a pic, but my Craftsman (may be pro series) metric flare nut wrenches are of excellent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back