PEAK Full Synthetic -- Anyone Try It ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, what are your thoughts on it? I ask because I just found some at a good price ( $5.00 per quart ) in 5W30 , Dexos 1 Gen 2 Approved..

I'm running it in my 2005 RSX and she purrs like a kitten.

Pep Boys had it on clearance for $1 and I bought about 50 quarts of various weights.

**Edit**
This is not the newer Peak syn oil you asked about.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses... Yeah, I just found some of the Full Synthetic in 5W30 for $5.00 per qt.. Not a bad price, so I purchased 2 oil changes worth but haven't used it yet....

This is not a good price at all when we can all get ST full syn D1G2 for $15.xx everyday.
And Pennzoil Ultra Platinum for $24.xx with and additional $10 MIR if you don't need D1G2.
Both from Wally's.

I bought 3 - 5 quart jugs of 5w-20 Peak Synthetic at Rural King, for less than $10.00 total. It was Dexos 1 (not Gen 2) on clearance.

For around 70 cents a quart, how bad could it be? I'm using it in a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I bought 3 - 5 quart jugs of 5w-20 Peak Synthetic at Rural King, for less than $10.00 total. It was Dexos 1 (not Gen 2) on clearance.

For around 70 cents a quart, how bad could it be? I'm using it in a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5.

$0.70/qt? Heck yes!
$5.00/qt? Heck no!

Originally Posted By: Imp4

$0.70/qt? Heck yes!
$5.00/qt? Heck no!

What if someone doesn’t wanna deal wal martians?

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Who makes it? Warren? Valvoline?

I believe it's an individual company that makes a variety of car care products.

Originally Posted By: WiskyBadger

$0.70/qt? Heck yes!
$5.00/qt? Heck no!

Then buy online for the exact same price with free shipping?!?!?
Or pay $5 a quart......

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I'm running it in my 2005 RSX and she purrs like a kitten.

Pep Boys had it on clearance for $1 and I bought about 50 quarts of various weights.

**Edit**
This is not the newer Peak syn oil you asked about.

When was it on clearance?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Dexos 1 Gen 2 Approved.

Really all you need to know; pick the cheapest oil with this approval.

I agree. Get a quality spec, then buy on price.

The last OCI I ran in my Fusion was Peak Full Syn 5w20 and a Motorcraft FL400s filter. 7500 miles later, no issues to speak of. I should hopefully have a UOA on it soon.

Not sure I'd consider $5.00 a quart a good price. I got my 5 quart jug for $15 on clearance.

Originally Posted By: WiskyBadger

$0.70/qt? Heck yes!
$5.00/qt? Heck no!

Then buy online for the exact same price with free shipping?!?!?
Or pay $5 a quart......
I don’t care I’ve bought oil there before. I’ve just read a lot of people don’t want to go there and deal with the people there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back