Storing extension ladded in garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, currently it's laying on the ground and was wondering if anyone of you have any better ideas?

I was hoping to hang it on the ceiling hook with some rope or maybe use existing garage steel brackets.

What is your preferred method?

Mine is in the garage rafters. Not all garages have rafters, so you're relegated to either using ceiling hooks or a long wall.

How is your garage set up?

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Mine is in the garage rafters. Not all garages have rafters, so you're relegated to either using ceiling hooks or a long wall.

How is your garage set up?

My garage is not huge and neither has high ceiling, so I am left with either ceiling or one side wall or just leave it on the ground.

You might not have open rafters, but Home Depot (or the like) has a variety of ladder hangers that can go flush in the ceiling. Here's what I did with my 8' step ladder. Same principle though.

p7uhz0U.jpg

And how it hooks:

x0dYeTt.jpg

I think they make ladder hangers. Go look at Menards, Lowes, or Home Depot and you should be able to find something. Mine sits outside next to the garage. It is aluminum so it doesn't corrode and has been fine for years.

if you have the room wall-mount it waist level but no higher than chest height. Extension ladders are heavy and definitely nothing I would want overhead lifting or possibly coming down.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mx5miata
if you have the room wall-mount it waist level but no higher than chest height. Extension ladders are heavy and definitely nothing I would want overhead lifting or possibly coming down.

Thank you for your suggestion, that's one of my biggest fear too.

Thanks all for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back