Chemical Guys review

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as detailers go I bought the Ultima waterless wash concentrate that can be used as detailer and has protection in it. It's about $20 but makes 32 twentytwo ounce bottles. It can also be used for other things. I enjoy trying new products but hard to do so when you like what you're using so much.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Let us know what you think. This and Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer are the two that come up most often in discussions. I’ve read some threads on Autogeek where they mix them 50/50. That is probably unnecessary and both products not only give a nice shine but have sealant properties to boot.

Did my work in the garage...since it's 90+ here today.

Car was washed first...then applied Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer. I ordered two (2) 16 oz. bottles, and based on doing my complete SUV from top to bottom...including all the glass surfaces, headlights, etc...those bottles should last a while. I could probably do the whole SUV 10-12 times with one bottle.

It applied easily...following the directions to apply with a microfiber towel using long, straight strokes. Thereafter, I used a different microfiber towel to clean off any product remaining on the surfaces. The instructions say to "buff off" any remaining product...but honestly...it's more like wiping than buffing - it hardly took any effort at all to get to the final finish.

The shine is absolutely brilliant...and the surface is incredibly slick-smooth. No dust, no fingerprints, nothing.

The shine also gives it more of a "wet" look. The smell is a slight orange aroma...very pleasant.

So with the UV and overall surface protection...I almost can't wait (almost) until the next rainfall.

Definitely going to use V7. The bad news is now that I'm done with the SUV...my wife "demands" me to do her car too ASAP.

If I get the chance...I'll try to post some pix when I can.

Sounds like a winner. Using the V7 as a drying agent with your future washes will rejuvenate the shine and boost the protection. The best part is the time you save.

For people that wash their vehicles frequently, they could apply a good sealant once a year and use the V7 for the rest of the year. That makes it a great time saver

Sounds like a winner. Using the V7 as a drying agent with your future washes will rejuvenate the shine and boost the protection. The best part is the time you save.

For people that wash their vehicles frequently, they could apply a good sealant once a year and use the V7 for the rest of the year. That makes it a great time saver

Agree on both points.

As our vehicles get washed regularly, we (meaning me ) detail them more frequently as far as the "full treatment (wash, clay bar, polish, glaze, sealant/wax} - about every 4-5 months. The V7 absolutely keeps them looking super in between and like you said...does it with less time & effort.

With the combination of easy application, nice orange aroma, super shine, and smooth surface feel of protection...it's nice to know that those advertised results for Chemical Guy's V7 are accurate when used in the real world.

P.S...yeah...ended up "having to do" the wife's car too. It looks better now than original day she drove it home. Still have 2/3 of the first bottle left after doing top-to-bottom V7 treatments on both vehicles...so it looks like about 6-7 full treatments per bottle for everything (glass, wheels, full exterior).

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Sealant Wax followed by Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer.

The entire SUV got both treatments...even the glass.

The Chemical Guys V7 added not only another sealant protection coat...but made the surface incredibly smooth and very shiny.

Clean, smooth, and shiny...just what the detailer doctor ordered...

Df7DkqPUcAAEFhZ.jpg

Df7DmppUwAAqbK-.jpg

Df7DpjyVMAAf4x3.jpg

Df7DrjuUwAEbEOn.jpg

Followed up by also doing the wife's 5-year old car...same incredible results. That V07 stuff does everything they say it does.

That white looks very good. Nice job.

Thanks. The wife's 5-year-old Honda Accord turned out equally impressive.

Ironically, we both happened across a neat car show this weekend (rare & exotic cars) near our home. More than 20 highly-expensive cars were featured, including Lamborghini, Ferrari, classic Jaguars, classic Mercedes, Bentley, and others. These were all show-cars (including a V12 Jaguar), with amazing detailing work done on them.

I had the chance to ask about 6-7 of the owners how they got such an amazing exterior look and shine. The responses were mixed as expected - most of them actually do the detailing themselves (a few do it monthly, 1 does it weekly). One common answer among them to keep them looking great, they wash with a nice foaming wash solution..then clay-bar (Meguiar's Professional clay used by 5 of them - done about every 3rd full detailing job)..then apply glaze (several brands cited, 1 was Meguiar's), then a sealant (Meguiar's mentioned twice), then apply a detailing final sealant/shine coat.

Chemical Guys JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant was mentioned twice, and Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer mentioned by 3 of them as their car-show-ready final step. I was actually surprised to hear Chemical Guys mentioned that often.

It was interesting to see some brand name products used on these amazing show cars. The interiors and exteriors were impeccable.

As promised...some pix from the car-show.

The white Lambo was one of the Chemical Guys V07 happy customers at the car-show...the red Ferrari used Meguiars Ultimate Liquid along with Chemical Guys V07 on top...the Jaguar owner (the taupe colored one) also used Chemical Guys V07...

Ahh...boys and their toys...

Df-clOEV4AAeZTb.jpg

Df-cmYZU8AAmsFo.jpg

Df-coO2VAAEm6vM.jpg

Df-cpX6VQAAMYny.jpg

Df-c0RFUEAAEeq4.jpg

Df-c1g3VQAAFJ5V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back