Any 'crazy UCL overdose' fans out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long-time members may remember a series of threads like this one about people using massive amounts of UCL-like products in their fuel:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/297947/1

Member Gary Allan (RIP) started it, and some other followed, apparently with good results!

With the recent trend being to use TC-W3 oil as a UCL, wondering if anyone has ever tried an overdose of it - like over a quart in a tank of fuel to see what it does.

Have been tempted to try this many times, but not quite courageous enough to go through with it.

I've done it with MMO, but was afraid to foul plugs with TCW3. I've gone as strong as 3 ounces to 5 gallons of fuel with TCW3 in a 351 Ford powered boat engine, but not more. I'll let someone more adventurous give it a try first. The boat ran great on it.

I've run MMO and tranny fluid in the gas separately, but never together.

That guy with the Daytona makes it sound too good to be true.

I overdosed with Lucas UCL 6-7 years ago in a Nissan Altima with the 2.4L. I really did achieve higher MPG's, but then my oxygen sensor threw a code. I stopped dosing it, ran the snot out of it on the highway to "clean it out" and the code disappeared and never returned.

I don't think that an overdose of UCL in vehicles without things such as O2 sensors and cats wouldn't cause any problems except possible plug fouling and upper cylinder carbon build up. I would be really hesitant to do it in a vehicle with emission controls as cats and O2 sensors are expensive to replace if they get fouled by excessive oil in the exhaust stream.

IIRC, Gary's experiments never fouled the plugs. Dunno about MMO or ATF fouling plugs, but running a strong 32:1 mix+ a dash of MMO hasn't clogged the reeds, exhaust or plugs in my 2 strokes. Don't see how a little extra UCL could result in anything bad. TCW3 is ashless, that must account for something.

I run a full quart of TCW-3 2 stroke oil in my powerstroke every other tank of diesel. Original injectors and not a single problem out of the most "Unreliable" diesel engine ever made...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back