2017 Honda CR-V 1.5T, Mobil 1 EP 0W-20, 10,188 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever we are talking about high or higher than average wear metals, why is it always Mobil-1 oils?
21.gif

Have a look around and you'll see it's rare, imo, that you'll see average or below average wear metal readings using Mobil-1 oils.

Many non Mobil UOAs exist on this forum and the majority are never has high as Mobil's. Anyone else find that odd? I know I do.
coffee2.gif

That UOA is ugly, it'll be interesting to see how these engines hold up with 100k on them. I'm thinking the rings will be shot turning them into oil burners that will be toast by owners that never check the oil.

Like my Civic, nice pkg. for the money...use some common sense lubricating it. At 32k I see no evidence of oil burn and it's probably running better than ever as illustrated by fuel efficiency.

It’ll be interesting. Drove about 700 miles round trip and the computer showed 37 mpg. Power was awesome. Also drove with the Econ turned off. My first fill will be with Amsoil 0W20. Time will tell I guess. 100K warranty if something happens.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
It’ll be interesting. Drove about 700 miles round trip and the computer showed 37 mpg. Power was awesome. Also drove with the Econ turned off. My first fill will be with Amsoil 0W20. Time will tell I guess. 100K warranty if something happens.

100K engine warranty? Standard or purchased extra?

Originally Posted By: CT8
How many oil changes? Just 2 ?

Yes. This was the second.

Originally Posted By: Balrog006
Originally Posted By: ARB1977

100K engine warranty? Standard or purchased extra?

Purchased

Yes, I am just repeating myself, but it stands...

Much as I agree with sticking to what the manual says during warranty..etc...etc...I'd have a really hard time not moving up to a 30-weight on a vehicle like this where we KNOW FD thins the oil into the 10-weight range.

Yes, wear metals stay low, but who's to say down the road there won't be an epidemic of worn-out turbo Honda engines?

Remember, no-one expected problems with Hyundai's bread-and-butter 2.4 engine, but look whats happening - are turbo Honda engines next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back